Puppy 1.0.7 installed on Minolta Dimage (2"LCD)!

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
SnowDog

Puppy 1.0.7 installed on Minolta Dimage (2"LCD)!

#1 Post by SnowDog »

Okay before you all laugh too hard let me explain why I'd be crazy enough to install linux on my camera.

Last Christmas wife dropped said camera onto concrete floor & screwed up the little lid that holds the batteries & sdcard in place....Then she went & bought a new one exactly the same. (well not exactly, the new one didn't have the concrete floor treatment)
So....about 4:am this morning, I'm babysitting a download on dial-up & I gets bored. So I go fetch the busted camera, whittle a little stick of wood to go between lid and sdcard to keep it pressed down....wrapped her all up real tight with rubber bands (which incidentally nearly blinded me because it was dark & I had it poited at me and rubber bands covered go button)

I had just unplugged my usb stick and made the mental connection between the re-writable media and the usb extension cable & thought what the hell...it can't get much broker than it is now....

I put it on take a picture mode, & installed puppy 107, then rebooted & changed selector switch to show pictures position....BIOS id'd it as minolta sdb1 (I think) & started loading VMlinuz.

It took quite a long time to load & had a whole whack of errors that I was way too tired to read & told me it couldn't start xserver so I had to go to a command line....

That's it, I didn't play no more...not sure if it's really a useable distro on there or not, but I thought it was a cool thing to do with a busted camera and an insomniac.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

kethd

#2 Post by kethd »

Although we are only 4% through this year, this could be the weirdest post of 2006 -- I'm not sure whether it could be serious, or if credibility is a requirement...

(Would anyone be crazy enough to build a camera that was x86 based?)