a stenopeic eye patch would enable you to half see
and be a pirate

Hope that helps 8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

drongo

Open with dialogue

#17 Post by drongo »

"Open with" is very useful but if you add extra applications they don't automatically get added to the drop-down list. If I knew what I was doing I could manually add items to the drop-down - but that isn't friendly for new users.

Getting late, going to find some black card, a needle and some string for an eyepatch. Hmm, pieces of eight - that would be a Byte I'm thinking.

bugman

#18 Post by bugman »

@amigo

i was thinking more long-term, something that might be included in puppies future

although a folder like /root/puppy-reference [/root/puppy-config?] is not a bad idea . . .

@retrotechguy

they're 895 f'ing dollars!

who do you think i am?

if i had that much money i'd just get some damn glasses . . .

RetroTechGuy

#19 Post by RetroTechGuy »

bugman wrote:@retrotechguy

they're 895 f'ing dollars!
Ah, I didn't notice that. It looked like a variation of another fluid filled spectacle system that I saw a few years back, geared towards 3rd world countries (IIRC, those were about $10).
who do you think i am?

if i had that much money i'd just get some damn glasses . . .
OK, let me point you a different direction, since we're actually being serious about spectacles:

http://www.zennioptical.com/home.php

bugman

#20 Post by bugman »

saw that somewhere else in this forum [another one of my whinefest threads]

since i'd need a prescription though [haven't 'seen' an eye doctor since the 90s] that's not an option either [doctors i rate as worse than government]

i've tried the pinholes before and was intrigued, as i don't drive they'd be perfect for me, i could see the ground while walking [important with ice everywhere] and could read spines on shelves and in boxes [bookscouting difficult in blurworld]

$4, no script, no headaches, no lens scratching [PLUS i get to look really weird]

bugman

#21 Post by bugman »

whatever happened to the discussion about config files in the menu?

[maybe it wasn't such a good idea]

dejan555

#22 Post by dejan555 »

Maybe list some of them? Some I thought of puting in menu:

.xinitrc
xorg.conf
.jwmrc*
rc.sysinit ?
rc.shutdown ?

When I think of it I don't edit much common configs anyway, more like application specific confs. Anyone has more suggestions?
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

puppyluvr

#23 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Well, the only problem I see is some stuff like:
.xinitrc
xorg.conf
.jwmrc*
rc.sysinit ?
rc.shutdown ?
might well be left hard enough to find...
maybe an "Advanced" tab...IDK.. :D

As far as adding items to the Rox right click menu, Hairywill made an excellent little tool called "Rox-Right-Clicks" that does a wonderful job of creating a customized right click menu for your system.. I dont know how hard it is to find, but I find it invaluable and a must have for all my Puppies...So I have attached it here... 8)

@Amigo, thats brilliant...That is what the "Setup" icon in PAW is, linking to all the setup scripts..Now it will have a "Configure" sub-directory for advanced users..Thanks... :D
Attachments
Rox-Right-Clicks.tar.gz
Unpack it to my-roxapps..:-)
(40.41 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

bugman

#24 Post by bugman »

puppyluvr wrote:@Amigo, thats brilliant...
after pulling my hair out [see? it's all gone!] making 8 damn menu entries i am inclined to agree

why be bald like me?