How to use Openshot Video Editor - Youtube video

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Aitch

How to use Openshot Video Editor - Youtube video

#1 Post by Aitch »

Here are 2 youtube videos of how to use Openshot Video Editor,
By Daniel Ellis for Kent Linux User Group UK [which I am a member of]

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKD0GhpFVnY

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdajrtnfhU

Sorry, but it was in *buntu, but here's the website for Openshot

http://www.openshotvideo.com/

enjoy

Edit: If it is usable in puppy can someone make a .pet

Aitch :)
Last edited by Aitch on Thu 11 Mar 2010, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

John Lewis

#2 Post by John Lewis »

That looks very interesting Aitch.

Are we going to be able to get it to run in Puppy is the question. It seems to have a lot of dependencies. Some work has been done with Mepis but as far as I know it hasn't worked yet.

I'll be watching developments. I really don't want to install Ubuntu.

John Lewis

Aitch

#3 Post by Aitch »

Yes, I don't know the answer to that, John

I merely put up the link, figuring if people thought it usable in Puppy, someone would make a.pet

1st post now edited with request, thanks

John Lewis

#4 Post by John Lewis »

Yes I think it might be quite an undertaking.
I unfortunately wouldn't really know where to begin but it won't stop me trying.
I downloaded AVLinux today because it has openshot included. I've tried it from the live cd and it seems quite good. Now I need to have a look at it in AVLinux and see if I can figure out what needs to be done.

I know the folks over on Mepis managed to get it to install and found the dependencies but last I looked there had been no success with getting it to run.
Here are a couple of comments I gleaned from that forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"You need a restricted ffmpeg to export to most video formats
Python-mlt is needed
When I tried the .debs from the openshot site, the openshot-dependencies debs installed without error. For the openshot.deb the only dependencies I had to install were python-pygoocanvas , libgoocanvas3 , libgoocanvas-common and then it too installed without error and put itself in the multimedia menu. However it does not run.

I have subsequently tried the install.py script but it is written specifically for gnome/ubuntu and as you say fails at the first hurdle.

It appears that it needs python-gtk2 (>= 2.16"

So looking at the above comments it may not be a simple process.

John Lewis

smil99

Openshot available for lucid puppy

#5 Post by smil99 »

I made pets for openshot 1.0.0 and the latest openshot 1.1.3 specifically for lucid puppy. Might work in other versions of puppy.

Check the following thread for details:

Success porting Openshot video editor to to puppy

Cheers.

Aitch

#6 Post by Aitch »

Nice

Thanks smil99

smil99

#7 Post by smil99 »

My pleasure.

Let's know if it works for you.

Cheers.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

Great tutorials from Aitch - I posted them in a similar thread
Highly recommended

I am now using Openshot in Puppy Fatdog 64bit
- but also had it working in Lucid.

Here is a film - not perfect but I am still learning and explring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXSH5VXt7Ws

I found that if I don't use the markers
the program is more stable.
However it does crash but is still very usable
and easy to produce results

Woof woof
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Pelo

Openshot SFS are in quickpet tahrpup and Shiba Inu

#9 Post by Pelo »

Openshot needs to have some dependencies working correctly. There are below :
*x264
*ffmpeg
* python
* python-xdg
* python-gtk2
* python-glade2
* python-pygoocanvas
* libgoocanvas3
* libgoocanvas-common
* mlt-python
* libmlt1
* libmlt++2
* frei0r-plugins
* sox
* librsvg2-common
* libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio

I have been unable to get openshot 1.4 running. I have tried it a few weeks ago in lucid 525 and today in 528. Nothing. It misses python files but i have python installed.
:cry: failed to import .mp4
RSH provided an Openshot+python dependencies SFS on his German forum - compiled in Lucid and works also in MacPup528 but not Slacko. I found it didn't work in Exprimo (some sort of file call issues re subtle directory structure differences I'll wager) - but seems to be fine in my frugal-install of MacPup528. I'll have to migrate to there to get this job done...

Openshot 1.3.1 Lucid 1.3 Lucid 1.2.2 Lucid
Python 2.6 Needed
QT 4.4.8.0.sfs Tried
Rajouter /add

here needed stuff ?
Attachments
Pupjibaro.jpg
Openshot available in quickpet Shiba INU Dpup Stretch
(62.72 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
capture6006.png
well..
(9.92 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 16:59, edited 5 times in total.

Pelo

a nice tahrpup derivative with Openshot 1.4.3 yet included.

#10 Post by Pelo »

if you often edit your video install Puppy Bang, really a nice tahrpup derivative with Openshot 1.4.3 yet included. MP4 tested successfully.
Puppy with a cat ! Click the blue
"Great tutorials from Aitch - I posted them in a similar thread
Highly recommended"

LazY Puppy

#11 Post by LazY Puppy »

Hi.

I had Openshot used rarely at times when I was using my LazY Puppy 2 in 2012 til 2014, which was based on Lucid 5.2.8-4. Later I tried Kdenlive 0.7.8 for some testings.

Today I'm using my T.O.P.L.E.S.S. made LazY Puppy 5 based on Tahr 6.0.2 and Kdenlive 0.9.6 - downloaded via Package Manager. Doing a lot of Video editing these days, since I'm recording Drum Solos and Rehearsals using Rollei ActionCams 415/416.

If you want to do some professional Video editing in Linux, Kdenlive is the way to go. There's a lot of plugins, effects and transitions available and it is possible to create and use your own basic images (.pgm) for transitions like the wipe-effect. Meanwhile I'd created lots of them by myself, so I'm able to use up to 246 different images to create a transition using the wipe-effect.

Some of these new created .pgm files are made from my own .jpg photographs turned into grayscale pictures and stored to .pgm.

Under Windows XP I was using Pinnacle Studio 12 which wouldn't allow to use more than 2 video tracks in a project.

I also used the Alpha Magic Images (.jpg) from Pinnacle Studio 12, loaded them into The GIMP, exported these Images to .pgm files and added them to the Luma files in Kdenlive (/root/.kde/share/apps/kdenlive/lumas).

Using Kdenlive I have created videos using up to 6 different video tracks plus 2 different audio tracks in a project.

I won't miss Kdenlive anymore.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

LazY Puppy

#12 Post by LazY Puppy »

RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

Pelo

the goal is not to read videos,

#13 Post by Pelo »

Openshot.. Suppose that openshot is installed, and Linux operator has gone to another install.
Then, alone, you see that openshot freeze the computer..

Sometimes i get nervous about how 'ça tourne autour du pot' (translation soon) 'Beat around the bush ?'
Of course the goal is not to read videos, but to change them.
Cut, stick, titles sub titles. On the contrary a simple video player is enough and they are plenty.
You get videos to enter, with a given format. You want to get only one video as result, formatted as you like.
With Openshot none of the extensions fits my needs... in the contrary the little Avidemux has many very useful.
No shame, usually we want to post them on the web, not to project them on a screen as did our grand-father, or ourselves, in the early eighties.
Here below video yet is on my Facebook.. But i would have liked some nice titles, and transitions.
Kdenlive will be useful for your videos from your camescope. Unable to give any opinion on that. I use only my smartphone (amr extension)
Attachments
MonteCarlo.jpg
Video MPG
(79.78 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 15 Sep 2017, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

You Tube allows you to edit videos

#14 Post by Pelo »

You Tube allows you to edit videos, simple effects, titles, music. You just have to run a browser version which is accepted.
Openshot says that you can now export your videos to YOU TUBE. i would like how.. Reading how-to in fr native language. Feed back soon
HDV 720 25P is the standard for You Tube. That is was i was looking for.. :) My nice video now is Ugly !
Attachments
subirYoutube.png
Well just an information, but useful, no ?
(39.23 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
HD720p25fps.png
Export to a dossier before trying to export to You Tube
(23.1 KiB) Downloaded 206 times