Winfonts

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
shinobar

Winfonts

#1 Post by shinobar »

If you are dual-booting Windows and Puppy, this script enables Windows fonts and virtual memory on Puppy too.

Get winfonts-3.4.pet from here.
Attachments
winfonts.png
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 3722 times

PenguinPupLin

Winfonts failed to set swap space in Pup214X-TOP9

#2 Post by PenguinPupLin »

Thanks a lot for this very useful tool. I've tried it successfully on Wary511,Lighthouse Puppy 5.0.3,and Puppy 431(Brunopuppy to be exact). But encountered problem in Classic Pup 214X-TOP9,free in MRxvt showed no swap space available despite running winfonts correctly which said it was enabled OK. All my puppies are multi-booted as frugal installs with WinXP. after first setting up Quickset Wary511 using the windows installer v1.1.
Btw,a dumb question from a noob,what's the windows fonts for if I enabled it? And should I wish to disable the swap space for any reason,how do I do it? A situation where I may want to disable it could be that Lighthouse puppy automatically create a pupswap.swp file when needed.
Lastly,with swap space enabled,there is already a buffer thing as shown under free,isn't the buffer also using the harddisk space as swap,so will using pagefile as swap add on or conflict with buffer? Hoped you don't mind my asking so many questions,being a newbie,I still have a lot to learn and truly hoped to benefit from experts like you.
Last edited by PenguinPupLin on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

unfortunately i'm a single booter. looks like a useful tool.