Bluez 4.61 with GUI

Core libraries and systems
gary101

#31 Post by gary101 »

Hi jemimah

Thanks for your work on this. I have long thought that the dbus and bluetooth infrastructure is a serious lack in puppy, especially with more and more devices and uses becoming available.

It seems the main problem is dbus and getting it to play nicely. I have had some serious trouble getting your script to run consistantly and have to manually kill processes and rerun the script to get dbus working.

I have found however that moving the script from startup and starting it manually from elsewhere seems to start the gui with no problems.

The only errors I now get are about missing conf files in /usr/etc/bluetooth, these are:
serial.conf
audio.conf
input.conf
network.conf

I have not looked into these to deeply but think I understand, with perhaps the exception of serial.conf, what services they configure. I have copied an audio.conf I found on the web so I can have a look at the options for it.

Personally the reason I want to get bluetooth working is to have a wireless headset set up for skype, but I cannot seem to find the btsco compiled for 413 kernel 2.6.30.5
If anyone has this compiled I would be really grateful.

Anyway, I will do some work on the missing config files and report if I have any success.

All the best

Gary
If it's not one thing it's your mother

jemimah

#32 Post by jemimah »

Your documentation seems out of date. Unfortunately the bluez wiki seems to be MIA for quite some time now. You need to do something more like this: http://wiki.zenwalk.org/index.php?title ... th_headset

I still recommend using fluppy for the newer bluez (and working dbus). Bluez releases loads of bugfixes every couple weeks, so the newer the version, the better.

Plus I don't support running this version at all - it never really worked and I don't have much motivation to mess with it.

jakfish

Updated obexd--0.38

#33 Post by jakfish »

For those of you who love the struggles of bluetooth in linux, I'm attaching both a pet and the actual directories/files of obexd 0.38, which is a considerable step up from 0.21.

With 0.21, I was unable to send files back-and-forth to my WinMo phone.

But 0.38 works with Puppeee 4.31 and an HTC Touch Pro 2 phone, with a custom 6.53 ROM.

This is my first compilation and jemimah was the driving force--she helped me in every way and any success of this is hers.

I think the pet works, but it was my first, too. So less-intrepid users could just copy over the files to their appropriate directories.

I'm posting it in this thread since my working bluetooth uses the pets that jemimah supplies on page one.

Jake
Attachments
obexd-0.38.pet
(134.68 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
obexd-0.zip
(136.41 KiB) Downloaded 702 times

Whitesnow

Headset configuration files: where to put instructions?

#34 Post by Whitesnow »

jemimah wrote:[CUT] You need to do something more like this: http://wiki.zenwalk.org/index.php?title ... th_headset
No asound* files on Puppy (but *state one in /etc), where to put headset instructions wrote on that site?

I'm on the latest Puppy with Twinkle as softphone and a Nokia HS-26W headset.

Please, help...
[b][i][color=darkred][size=134]*.* Snow *.*[/size][/color][/i][/b] :wink: