I will use this thread to blog my experiences so far:
First I tried is EasyPeasy 1.5 (based on Ubuntu 9.04 / jaunty):
- I used their proposed method of install (usb-stick)
- WLAN did work out of the box.
- My UMTS/3G Module is detected by NetworkManager but I havent tested connecting.
- update sources didnt work. i had to :
sudo apt-get clean && sudo mv /var/lib/apt/lists /var/lib/apt/lists.old && sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/lists/partial && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update
- Sound / internal mic / skype worked after update. I had to install padevchooser and tweak it + pavucontrol. Man, I hate these sound issues with linux. I REALLY makes me wanna go back to the dark side!
- Webcam: great!
- Touchpad and usb-mous great!
- Keyboard: Sound, sleep, mute, toggle touchpad and brightness worked. Several others had no effect (or I just didnt knwo what they did, for one of the those keys crippled my keyboard-mapping)
- Sleep/Recover: great.
Finally I knew that karmic(9.10) is buggy so I took the right descision with easypeasy based on jaunty (9.04), it just works out everything (after a little bit of tweaking). BUT Ubuntu is slow, very slow. There is enough space on my drive for more partitions....
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum