For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
trio

#16 Post by trio »

Gak mau pake wbarcc? hehe...

pri

#17 Post by pri »

trio wrote:Gak mau pake wbarcc? hehe...
ini kan buat cybercafe asalnya :D jadi customisasi di batasi

nah kalau cyberpup release yang ini akan konsen ke openoffice dan firefox, customisasi bisa di bikin meriah :D
Learning by Doing

puppystar

HaRoCafe

#18 Post by puppystar »

Hi Pri!

Its was excellent work!
I downloaded and I'm testing your puppy!
So far so good!
I report any problem!
Congratulations my friend!!!
Forward puppy!!
God bless you!!

pri

#19 Post by pri »

hi puppystar, sorry for soo long responding, iam on work on other puppy :D, specicialy for cyber cafe. this puppy is my experiment using woof and work. for further this puppy no longger using for intenet cafe. but i will continue update the version and will be focus on firefox and and openoffice.

for now on the name change just HaRo :D, thats was 2 name of my kid combine.

and thks for suport. if some one interesting of using puppy for cyber cafe, please goto to this http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=53531
Learning by Doing

sinc

#20 Post by sinc »

pri, just as the others have mentioned I too really like your puplet. I suppose just as many others do, I too love to try out different puppies and see how they work.

I have a few questions and a couple comments, since I am not too familiar with IceWM.

1. Is there a way to make the window bar across the top (the bar with the minimize, maximize, close, and page-title) smaller? It takes up a good bit of space.

2. How can I add a volume control to the taskbar? What file is the IceWM taskbar? I know jwmrc-tray in JWM but I don't know in IceWM.

3. Also in the taskbar there is a space called "workspace" that doesn't appear to do anything. If there is only 1 workspace it doesn't seem necessary to take up space on the taskbar. I suppose once I know what file is taskbar being used I could change that.

4. In the "Menu" is there a way to have "shutdown" as the bottom entry below "help, windows, settings"?

I'm not sure if you are planning on coming out with an update but if so...

5. "Presentation" is not spelled out all the way in wbar.

6. Flash could use an upgrade.

I love the learning process so if you know how to make these changes I would love an explanation of how it can be done ( I know how to do 5 & 6 already :) ). Thank you for your contribution to the community.

sinc

#21 Post by sinc »

I hope your okay I just heard about the earthquake.

pri

#22 Post by pri »

1. next time update will be using wbarcc, you can put wbar anywhere you like.

2. to have volume manager on tray, you can ad command absvolume in .xinitrc before
#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
but mustbe using timer, my be become like this :
sleep 7 && absvolume &
3. seting for icewm is on /root/.icewm/preferences. i am not good on it too, but try to coment out/in and change true and false and for workspace is in the end, you will be easy to find out it and add like this
WorkspaceNames=" 1 ", " 2 ", " 3 ", " 4 "
the original setting is on /usr/share/icewm

4. in the original icewm pet, there is no shutdown. i make it menu,

5. :D sory i think i was miss spell :D

6. Flash Player ? cant be updated, i dont know about it, but now i am using the last flash,

i will update this puppy. next release can be costumize

yea i check there is an eartquake on sea near Aceh, i hope my brother there okey :( iam in java. indonesia is near asia and australia and many mountain here, so eartquake will be often happen
Learning by Doing

sinc

#23 Post by sinc »

new icewm from jemimah. seems to work well.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy//viewtopic.php?t=54458

i deleted /root/.icewm and ran "fixmenus" twice and now I am set with the new setup.

pri

#24 Post by pri »

thks sinc, i will try it :D, if good, i will use it for future update
Learning by Doing

pri

#25 Post by pri »

updated
using icewm jemimah and removed rox from desktop.
desktop icon using idesk
added openoffice galery
added wine
added xfburn
Learning by Doing

sinc

#26 Post by sinc »

looking forward to trying it tonight. i love the whole concept based around OOo and FF. I will report back later :).

sinc

#27 Post by sinc »

pri, i have been trying all day and can't get a full download, it freezes up on me everytime

puppystar

Xmedia

#28 Post by puppystar »

Hello Pri,

Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
O sistema ficou muito bom!!
O Xmedia não está abrindo alguns formatos de vídeos!
É importante verificar!!

Um grande abraço do Brazil!!

Puppystar

puppystar

HaRo

#29 Post by puppystar »

Hello Pri!,

I'm sorry,

O Xmedia do HaRo é que não está abrindo alguns formatos de vídeos.

Parabéns pelo seu trabalho, seu haRo ficou muito estável; Gostei muito e estou rodando com ele.

Um grande abraço do Brazil!!

PuppyStar

aer66pupuser

Opera

#30 Post by aer66pupuser »

Great Work indeed!!! You've nearly chosen the programs i would have... one exception only... my favourite browser remains Opera... i'm using the PET of version 9.53... (http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Opera).. giv it a try if you have the time!

pri

#31 Post by pri »

sinc wrote:pri, i have been trying all day and can't get a full download, it freezes up on me everytime
hey sinc, sorry, look like link on my blog is bad for you, i updated a new link and the pet, must be instaling too.
Learning by Doing

pri

#32 Post by pri »

@ puppystar :

thks for a big suport, can i know what format not work on xmedia ?

@ aer66pupuser :

you can download opera from this forum, search it or you can download it from opera.com , download debian opera and install this one from Puppy Package manager (Puppy 3 ) : qt-3.3.8
Learning by Doing

pri

game and fireftp

#33 Post by pri »

forgoten something :D

there is a bonus for you if you download the last puppy i have :D
now i including a game, because my puppy is focus on firefox and openoffice, i included a flash game.

for ftp tool i included fireftp on firefox the last puppy using it to upload.
Learning by Doing

sinc

#34 Post by sinc »

hey pri, I finally was able to get it downloaded and have used it a good bit. a couple of things to bring up if you are interested. if not, don't worry.

every time i boot there is a program open in the upper left hand corner of my screen that I have to restart X in order to get rid of. i'm not sure if that is happening to everyone or not but i don't know how to make it stop.

I needed to open an excel file in XLSX format and it was not associated with calc, it was difficult to get it open.

i thought my desktop icons were not working bc I got used to single click for desktop icons, is there a way to make them single click?

I know i noticed a few other things to bring to your attention also but i am in quirky right now and wishing it was built with OOo. Oh well, to each his own.

Great work, thank you for your puplet it fills a great need. :)

puppystar

HaRo

#35 Post by puppystar »

Hello Pri,
I had installed the Haro 4.3.1 on my PC, the only thing that is not well Xfmedia audio player and Xfmedia media player. Simply not showing pictures of the video, only audio. I pulled out the machine and installed it on Pendrive 4GB partitioned. Again, the Xfmedia audio player opened and then did not open anymore. Xfmedia media player installed from the repository and did not open well.
I try open of the terminal, the message was: error while loading libraries. Not found share libxfc4util.so.4
What is your suggestion??

I'm testing HaRo of the pendrive, if any problem occurs in the future, I warn you.
A big hug my friend! Form Brazil!!!!

Puppystar