Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 30 Aug 2014, 08:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Midori browser (2.5 MB ~static ) 5MB full shared +all deps
Page 4 of 6 [85 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
capoverde

PostPosted: Fri 12 Feb 2010, 21:03    Post subject:  

Installed first the updated glib, then midori-2.2-92.pet in Puppy 4.3.1 half an hour ago; has been working nicely with no hassle first try. Seems quite stable, very fast start & rendering, the <Ctrl>+scrollwheel text zoom is cool! *And no <insert> key bug...* Why sure, this was posted with it.

Real nice job Technosaurus, thanks a lot! Very Happy
abushcrafter

PostPosted: Mon 01 Mar 2010, 12:46    Post subject:  

Oh joy Smile I have got it working on a fresh install of Stardust012 using the "midori_shared-2.2-93.pet".
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun 04 Apr 2010, 06:23    Post subject:  

Working fine in my 4.3.1 using midori_shared-2.2-93.pet. Fascinating browser. Lovely clean interface, and speed-dial as well. Cool Smile
Specifying download folder other than /root/ does not stick.
Known difficult to render pages remain difficult Smile

DaveS

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr 2010, 03:01    Post subject:  

Could somebody explain how to use Uget (or any other) download manager with Midori please. I have specified it as a helper application and it appears in the right click menu, but does not seem to integrate in that it has no download link loaded??????????????
Appologies if I am just being thick!

Rupp

PostPosted: Mon 05 Apr 2010, 03:12    Post subject:  

n/t
xman

PostPosted: Sat 10 Apr 2010, 04:25    Post subject:  

I tried Midori a week or so before I uninstalled it. Midori is a lightweight and fast browser, but unfortunately, very unstable on my 4.31. Midori crashed every time when I close certain internet page unsuitable for Midori. It also froze a couple of times, and I don't know why.

So, back to Firefox or Opera.
DaveS

PostPosted: Mon 12 Apr 2010, 04:11    Post subject:  

Some useful set up info here
http://wiki.xfce.org/midori_faq

DaveS

PostPosted: Tue 13 Apr 2010, 08:31    Post subject:  

I get some very strange effects with rendering when a site links to a page within itself which opens in the parent tab instead of a new tab. On returning to the parent page via the back button, the parent page garbles on scrolling. I cant take a screen shot to show what I mean as loading the screenshot program resets the page to perfect LOL LOL. The work around is to either re-load the parent page from scratch, or hold down ctrl to force a new tab.
Eyes-Only

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr 2010, 09:24    Post subject:  

Hi DaveS,

I installed this .pet into my "Unofficial 4.3.2 Puppy" ( frugal install ), the one released by BarryK, and I was getting exactly what you described above as well - a type of "inner-doubling-back-upon itself" of the original page when using the "back button" ( either from the icon menu or from right-clicking upon the browser's main window and selecting "back" ).

However, mine has since ceased doing such.

The only thing I can possibly think of for a reason here is that I use the "pfix=fsck" command in the grub menu.lst file so that my Pup_save.2fs file is corrected for errors upon each boot.

Of course... more than likely I could be all wet behind the ears as usual? Confused

Good Luck!/Bonne Chance!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

DaveS

PostPosted: Wed 14 Apr 2010, 12:05    Post subject:  

Eyes-Only wrote:
Hi DaveS,

I installed this .pet into my "Unofficial 4.3.2 Puppy" ( frugal install ), the one released by BarryK, and I was getting exactly what you described above as well - a type of "inner-doubling-back-upon itself" of the original page when using the "back button" ( either from the icon menu or from right-clicking upon the browser's main window and selecting "back" ).

However, mine has since ceased doing such.

The only thing I can possibly think of for a reason here is that I use the "pfix=fsck" command in the grub menu.lst file so that my Pup_save.2fs file is corrected for errors upon each boot.

Of course... more than likely I could be all wet behind the ears as usual? Confused

Good Luck!/Bonne Chance!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Merci. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I always run pfix=fsck so it is not that. Have you installed anything else that may have brought an updated lib that fixed it?

Eyes-Only

PostPosted: Thu 15 Apr 2010, 11:44    Post subject:  

Sorry Dave Sad not that I can think of right off hand, although you could be onto something there with that line of thinking as I'm forever installing software into my various frugal installs - be they Quirky, Stardust, LuPu, 4.3.2, etc., - for trial and testing, however, when Midori did start up ( from CLI, which is usually how I start software I'm testing for the first time ) in both Dpup and 4.3.2 there weren't any additional requirements.

When I tried Techno's builds here in my 4.2.1 HDD install though that was a completely different matter altogether of course where Midori had originally been compiled for 4.3.1 to begin with. I had tried it to update a much older build I had in there ( which subsequently had far fewer options ), and did so because a poster further back had success in his 4.2.x. Wished I'd had the same. Sad No matter what I did I kept getting in CLI "bus error".

So I've left it aside in 4.2.1 until I have time further on - as if, eh? Wink No biggie actually as I collect browsers like I do window managers. LOL!

Sorry that I wasn't of any help Dave. :-\

Amicalement/Cheers,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

DaveS

PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr 2010, 16:54    Post subject:  

Technosaurus, there is a little icon missing that should appear to give access to the menu when the menu bar is turned off from the view preffs.
I really like this browser, mainly because it is so fast, and seems to run without using a cache, so does not fill up the save file.
Sure there are a few issues, but it is easy to work around them and I can always fall back on Seamonkey for difficult sites.
midori.png
 Description   
 Filesize   7.97 KB
 Viewed   2321 Time(s)

midori.png

invisible man

PostPosted: Fri 16 Apr 2010, 20:34    Post subject: One click pony
Subject description: Newest Midori, to work in Lupu/

Midori; either from Lucid or other repo's. If someone wants to trim down dependencies, can"t that be done after a stable version is in whatever variety of Puppy derivative. Keep the Necessary length. Set pet to load from Puppy browser, or the new pakage installer in Lupu, for consistent use. Please list in Lupu what works. Thanks, Inv. Man
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:54    Post subject:  

This little .pet installs the missing 'new tab' icon and the 'web-browser' icon which should appear to allow access to menus when menu bar is switched off. NOTE......... it installs a file into /root called .gtkrc.mine. This tiny file is for the user to edit to make changes to gtk. It is unlikely you will have activated this but be aware if you have that this .pet will overwrite your version.
This .pet saves having to install the whole Tango icon theme to fix these missing icons.
Tango.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Tango.pet 
Filesize  3.23 KB 
Downloaded  520 Time(s) 

01micko

PostPosted: Sun 25 Apr 2010, 04:06    Post subject:  

Hi techno

Not working too bad in Lupu-111 (latest). Flash seems just fine.

My connection has been a little flakey today and it seems Midori doesn't like trying too hard. It timesout very quickly whereas firefox will connect, albeit slowly.

Any reason I keep getting (at first run of the browser, sometimes) the "res%" in the tab? Seems a bit weird. Like if you make a woof, say a slackpup, then you grab say, Firefox, or even Geany from the slack repos, you get the thing opening up at "%F" or something similar, saw it too with a deb of geany in Lupu.

Nice job and cheers.

Page 4 of 6 [85 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: