Truecrypt 6.3 under Puppy

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
linux2010

Truecrypt 6.3 under Puppy

#1 Post by linux2010 »

Hello all. I tried out Puppy tonight and downloaded and installed the gui version of Truecrypt. I was attempting to mount my Windows system encrypted drive, which I've done under Ubuntu before. I selected an option in mounting that said (I can't remember the exact wording) "mount partition using system encryption with pre-boot authentication" and entered my pp. I kept getting an error message that no such directory existed when I attempted to mount it. I notice that the wording is different under the version of Truecrypt that I've got installed in Windows, "mount partition using system encryption withOUT pre-boot authentication".

Is what I'm attempting to do possible under this version of Truecrypt for Puppy?

RetroTechGuy

Re: Truecrypt 6.3 under Puppy

#2 Post by RetroTechGuy »

linux2010 wrote:Hello all. I tried out Puppy tonight and downloaded and installed the gui version of Truecrypt. I was attempting to mount my Windows system encrypted drive, which I've done under Ubuntu before. I selected an option in mounting that said (I can't remember the exact wording) "mount partition using system encryption with pre-boot authentication" and entered my pp. I kept getting an error message that no such directory existed when I attempted to mount it. I notice that the wording is different under the version of Truecrypt that I've got installed in Windows, "mount partition using system encryption withOUT pre-boot authentication".

Is what I'm attempting to do possible under this version of Truecrypt for Puppy?
Typically when you run Truecrypt, you get an error that encryption isn't built into the kernel (perhaps depending on the version of Puppy you are running). See this discussion:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=55140

Is this related? Does it help?