Quirky 006

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
haines

Quirky 006

#1 Post by haines »

Already forwarded this to the bugsforum...

"The danish keyboard does not work, it crashes. Apparently like the German.
The former versions of Quirky understood danish, but not 006.

And by the way, how to translate Quirkies, Puppies to danish, a manual for absolute beginners. I really would like to translate this fantastic system to danish, but I have no technical knowledge, is it possible ????"
I mean, is it possible to help translating without deep technicalknowledge, or is it just a matter of obtaining the right tools ?

Maybe this topic belongs here instead ?

Best regards
haines

tronkel

#2 Post by tronkel »

German keyboard layout setting does not seem to be retained despite having been set up in the Puppy XORG setup screen.

This has to be fixed by editing the keyboard input device section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf from 'us' to 'de' and similarly for /etc/X11/xorg.conf.ATI_ATOMBIOSHPw1907

Same problem still exists with setting up WLAN0 as was the case with Quirky 005. Workaround is to use the network wizard to scan for available WIFI access points and then quitting. Then use PWIRELESS to rescan for the access point and then acquire the IP-address via DHCP.

Apart from that, all's well on the western front. (old WW1 expression for everything's OK around these parts - not that I'm old enough to remember WW1)
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer