How to configure ASCII WEP key from wifi wizard

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
Rayn16120

How to configure ASCII WEP key from wifi wizard

#1 Post by Rayn16120 »

Hi :D !
I'm a french user of Puppy Linux, Toutou Linux exactly (French version of Puppy :P ).
Please excuse me for my bad English and if the post exists (but I don't find it). So I don't want to make a complete tutorial of setting up a wireless connection, because I think there is enough on internet, but I want to give a tip for the users of ASCII WEP keys. So configure your connection with the wizard, and when it's time to set up your ASCII WEP key (in the profile selection/creation), just put "s:" before the key, and then save and use the new profile, and use DHCP or IP as your preference. Now your internet connection is set and works :roll: !
Excuse me again for English and if the post exists :oops: .
Example : Key = s:abcdefghijklm

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Oh thankyou...I was getting nowhere this morning...I use wpa2 but the client used wep and I could not work out why I could not get connected and had to backup to flash sticks which took forever :lol:

I guess this is probably dealt with in new releases.

mike

droope

#3 Post by droope »

Ohh, i've been having problems with this.

Perhaps this will solve all of them.

Thanks!
What seems hard is actually easy, while what looks like impossible is in fact hard.

“Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.â€￾ –Percy Cerutty

[url=http://droope.wordpress.com/]Mi blog[/url] (Spanish)

Peedy

#4 Post by Peedy »

All Right. Thanks Droope. That seems to have resolved the problem. :D