Acer laptop backlight gets dimmer with each boot

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
oui

#16 Post by oui »

please see message 1 !
Last edited by oui on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#17 Post by pemasu »

I use Quirky as all my puppies. Frugal in their own subdirs. Only four files in every subdir and apps I use as sfs in /mnt/home. I use sfs4 only right now. That way no need to fatten savefile with puppies. Thunderbird and Openoffice I have in their own folder at /mnt/home. SoftmakerSmall 46 MB sfs I have also because it has finnish hyphenation. Made that sfs because it is much smaller than Openoffice and supports docx which unfortunately is mandatory to be able to read. My collegues does not know how to change default saving in MS office 2007.

Long story and off topic but sometimes you just write....

oui

#18 Post by oui »

Hi Pemasu

I nether use Puppy frugal within a linux file system any more. It did disturb very hard my computer in the past and fsck on big hard disk is not really pleasant...

for this reason my "big" hard disk from laptop (not really big: only 150 GiO) has following structure:

sda1 10 GiO ext2 Debian or Ubuntu
sda2 15 GiO vfat from freeDOS
sda3 extended about 120 GiO: Rest of the Harddisk
sda5: ext3 about 115 GiO: data
sda6: ext2 about 1,32 GiO: experimental
sda7: ext2 about 31,35 MiO (yes, MiO): commando line mini linux system for Grub legacy :wink: (able to start: slitaz base!)
sda4 1,95 GiO SWAP

salut

oui

#19 Post by oui »

moved to msg 1
Last edited by oui on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

oui

#20 Post by oui »

- OpenOffice3.1.1.pet

it works properly with West-European languages but not with Devanagari keyboard (as in abiword, the reason why I did test OO at this stage of the installation, the "virama" as in abi don't works in OO, but be quiet, it works in "geany" and in "didiwiki" ! you can also write Hindi but have to get your texts in the text repertory of didiwiki!)

NOT yet tested for remastering

salut
Last edited by oui on Thu 11 Mar 2010, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

oui

#21 Post by oui »

moved to msg 1 !
Last edited by oui on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

eden6000

#22 Post by eden6000 »

Sorry, but I'm not understanding a thing...are you going off-topic??

pemasu

#23 Post by pemasu »

I believe that Oui wants to tell that this is the only thread which supports backlight brightness with acer laptops and that feature dominates all the other properties. Just guessing .......