Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 07:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Retrovol 0.13.1 (Volume mixer)
Page 13 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13
Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 08 May 2015, 09:45    Post subject: Retrovol splash on Toutou linux 4.3.1  

gvolwheel here
Retrovol splashes on Toutou linux 4.3.1, i;e you see it so fast that to toogle it you must be very speedy.
Try gvolwheel, and advise about it

Retrovol était responsable de ressources CPU environ de 40 %! Je l'ai tué et le système est retourné à son comportement sensible normal.

Pelo

PostPosted: Wed 23 Dec 2015, 00:28    Post subject: Modifying .xinitrc as told get my old kindy pup 431 speaking
Subject description: Medion P7624 laptop (2012)

Thanks a lot to this old topic.
Modifying .xinitrc as told get my old kindy pup 431 Smile speaking
My computer Medion P1664 has always refused to run old puppies with audio. That is an huge progress. I now connect wireless too.
Happy Christmas 2015 everybody !

Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 19 Sep 2016, 02:34    Post subject: XFCE Puppies have XFCE4-mixer
Subject description: retrovol-0.14.3-X|retrovol|0.14.3-X||BuildingBlock|160K|

XFCE Puppies have XFCE4-mixer included to activate capture and adjust volume . pet by Geoffrey provided here (for X-Slacko Slim)

Retrovol : 2016 retrovol-0.14.3-X is the version used by Woof-CE. Retrovol capture is delivered not activated in most Puppies. If sound is not recorded, launch retrovol. Often the reason is here.
retrovol.jpg
 Description   Beware, capture not active untill you toggle the bar
 Filesize   67.76 KB
 Viewed   231 Time(s)

retrovol.jpg

mixer.jpg
 Description   Merci Geoffrey !
 Filesize   40.66 KB
 Viewed   259 Time(s)

mixer.jpg

zagreb999

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan 2017, 13:27    Post subject: retrovol 150% volume  

hi Pizzasgood

your retrovol is the best

can you make to increase volume
to 150% as in pulseaudio...

regards
disciple

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan 2017, 15:07    Post subject:  

Unless it supports pulsaudio as a backend rather than alsa, I think it couldn't set the volume any higher than alsa, so you'd need to do some magic with your alsa configuration to set up a software volume control it can use rather than the hardware one... or am I wrong?

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
rustypup

PostPosted: Sat 25 Nov 2017, 14:46    Post subject: Lexicon Omega Audio Interface
Subject description: No volume sliders available in config

Hi, hopefully someone can help with this problem, or at least the info will be useful. So, I'm running tahrpup64 6.0.5 and I've been playing around with a Lexicon Omega Audio Interface I picked up cheap. I have used the Alsa Wizard to select the Omega and the bark test button works - I hear barking! However, there are no volume sliders available in the Retrovol config and the system tray icon has a red line through it. Strangely, Audacity can see all the inputs and outputs and I am even able to record sounds from a keyboard synth that is plugged into the line in sockets on the Omega interface. The recorded audio then plays back too. So, Retrovol seems to have a problem seeing the inputs and outputs on the Omega interface. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how this could be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One thing to note, is that the usb led on the interface is constantly blinking, the Omega user manual says it should not be flashing if the interface is communicating with the computer correctly.

By the way, Retrovol is working great on my other computer which has a Soundblaster Audigy 2zs platinum in it - so not all bad news! Smile
watchdog

PostPosted: Sat 25 Nov 2017, 14:59    Post subject:  

Post the output of the command in console:

Code:
aplay -l

I think you have probably to set the right card in config window of retrovol (tab Hardware).
Page 13 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: