How to change screen resolution, file & folder icons?

Booting, installing, newbie
ghostshadow189

How to change screen resolution, file & folder icons?

#1 Post by ghostshadow189 »

How can I have more screen resolution or manually change it ? For example 1152 ...
If no , how can I change the resolution of Mozilla FireFox , you know , there're some sites work at 1024 , so I want FireFox work at this when my screen is 800x600 .
By the way , I want to know how can I change icon of file types and folders .
Another question too :D how can I download and install IceWM 1.2.23 for my Puppy 1.0.6
Thanks 4 all :D

Alucard_the_dex

#2 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Unfortunately i cant help you with the resolution but the rest i can

Folders and file types-

Find the Icons you want create a folder for them where you will not move or delete it

Right click the folder/file select set icon and drag the desired icon

If you wish to switch the icon up for all file types of the sort there is three options in the window that pops up select only for the type /special/

As for icewm Go to dotpups in your start menu select dotpup package installer from setup navigate to windows managers and from then on its pretty self explanatory after so install the menu from the same place for 1.0.6

For themes navigate the dotpup downloader to icewm themes select the desired theme install and choose it from your start menu in themes
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

ghostshadow189

#3 Post by ghostshadow189 »

Thanks , I installed IceWM , and it disappear Dotpup . So how can I see Dotpup again in my start menu

jcoder24

#4 Post by jcoder24 »

You'll need to update your icewm menu for the version of puppy you're using.

You can run the dotpup-downloader manually with the following command /usr/local/Dotpup-downloader-mu05/start-downloader.
After that you can search for "icewm menu" without the quotes.

I forgot Login

#5 Post by I forgot Login »

Thanks all , I got them . So now , what about my main question ? Some1 help me please ?
How can I have more screen resolution or manually change it ? For example 1152 ...
If no , how can I change the resolution of Mozilla FireFox , you know , there're some sites work at 1024 , so I want FireFox work at this when my screen is 800x600 .

bombayrockers

#6 Post by bombayrockers »

download roxicons.pup to have gnome like icons for folders anf files in rox 1.2(default in puppy).
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.p ... highlight=