error while loading shared libraries:libdbus-glib-1.s0.2....

Using applications, configuring, problems
Vipin

error while loading shared libraries:libdbus-glib-1.s0.2....

#1 Post by Vipin »

I was trying to install seamonkey 2.0.

I used the readme.txt file that came with the software and followed the steps mentioned there. But wen i ran the script named 'seamonkey', following error occured:

error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please help me how can i remove this error.

I am very keen to learn puppy and customize it for my desktop. Pets are not so easily found for every popular software on the net. So i want to learn how to compile available source code in to .pet file. Can anyone give me address of some good tutorials on compiling softwares in puppy.
Thanks!

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Vipin

Problem still persists..

#3 Post by Vipin »

I have installed both of the above given pets. But same error message still appear.

While installing pets, i didnt get any 'installation complete' message
Is it any fault?

muggins

#4 Post by muggins »

OK, try doing this. Open a console, (Menu>Utility>Rxvt), then enter this command:

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2.1.0 /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2

Vipin

#5 Post by Vipin »

I got the problem sorted out...

Actually even after installing .pet files given above, the required library files didn't appear in /usr/lib directory. I got the library files at following address:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=343968

copied them to /usr/lib/, and now everything is working fine :D . I installed new and better seamonkey.

muggins

#6 Post by muggins »

Yes, I had another squizz at the two .pets, & they, oddly, install the libraries to local directories. Anyway glad you sorted it out in the end.