107 multisession not recognizing USB keyboard

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#16 Post by Flash »

Thanks, Guest, whoever you are :!: That's going in the Beginners sticky index.

I'm sorry, I didn't get around to reading this thread till now. For what it's worth, I have a Logitech Marblemouse USB trackball which works fine in Puppy without me having to do anything. I don't have a USB keyboard.

gpk

#17 Post by gpk »

Hmmm this is slightly more involved than I was hoping for a "new pup" like moi...

Possibly the problem I have with my laptop is that I'm used to using it "dual control" in Windows - i.e. when at my desk I plug in the Logitech wireless USB receiver and then can use decent kbd and mouse, though the built-in ("PS/2") kbd and mouse still work.

I managed to get (somehow, not entirely sure how) Puppy to recognise the keyboard, albeit erratically, both in xwin and console mode. On a couple of occasions when running xwin Puppy seemed to detect the USB Logitech wireless device (HID or whatever). However the USB mouse option always caused the PS/2 mouse to stop responding and I've never had anything out of the USB wireless one.

It would be good if Pup automatically detected and used whatever type of mice and keyboards that were attached ... maybe that's for 1.0.8?? I must say I'm a bit out of my depth for now ... :shock: :? :D Maybe linux can't handle having 2 mice and keyboards attached at once?

BTW I think Dell have now replaced my friend's failed HD so the intended use of Puppy (on her Dell with Logitech wireless kbd/mouse - it has no PS/2 port) has been OBE'd anyway.

thx - gpk

Word Warrior

#18 Post by Word Warrior »

As you can see I (the guy who wrote the instructions) have chosen a name. Thanks in advance for putting my instructions in the (sticky) Index of resources for Beginners Help, Flash.