--gxkb-- keyboard icon switcher for your tray

Miscellaneous tools
takenp

--gxkb-- keyboard icon switcher for your tray

#1 Post by takenp »

Hi guys!

I've got some little annoying stuff with keyboard switcher fbxkb on the latest JWM versions. The icon in the tray became to look just awful with only white background ever. Look at this here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 039#908039

Finally after having tested few other keyboard switchers including gxneur that seemed to me too heavy I've found possibly the best kb sw for the JWM. It is very lightweight and remembers every window layout.

I compiled it and tested in Tahrpup 6.0.5 i686 but it should work in other pups too I suppose.

196Kb pet file on the Google drive: gxkb-0.8.0-i686.pet

Here is how it looks like now:
Attachments
gxkb.png
(17.07 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

memo

Re: --gxkb-- keyboard icon switcher for your tray

#2 Post by memo »

takenp wrote:Hi guys!

I've got some little annoying stuff with keyboard switcher fbxkb on the latest JWM versions. The icon in the tray became to look just awful with only white background ever. Look at this here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 039#908039

Finally after having tested few other keyboard switchers including gxneur that seemed to me too heavy I've found possibly the best kb sw for the JWM. It is very lightweight and remembers every window layout.

I compiled it and tested in Tahrpup 6.0.5 i686 but it should work in other pups too I suppose.

196Kb pet file on the Google drive: gxkb-0.8.0-i686.pet

Here is how it looks like now:

you are a life saver man, thanks a lot, I have wasted a day trying with the other fbxkb pet and they didnot work. thanks again :) I will link your post to my problem in the beginners section

Edit1:
although the icon is now on the tray always, it doesn't save the languages I add when restart, hope someone can help me solving this.

Edit2: it is working, but not as soon as the os login, you need to select the word editor and begin to write then you can change it.

takenp

Re: --gxkb-- keyboard icon switcher for your tray

#3 Post by takenp »

you are a life saver man, thanks a lot, I have wasted a day trying with the other fbxkb pet and they didnot work. thanks again :)
NP man ) I had the same situation. Now it serves me for years )