Two window managers for Puppy

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
WireWulf

Two window managers for Puppy

#1 Post by WireWulf »

i like to mess with wm's and stuffi am trying to have more ready to work for newer puppy users and stuff heres two i did pekwm will need menus configured tho
Attachments
AfterStep-2.2.9-i686.pet
<didnt test it off the i686> makes linux look like the old BSD based NeXTstep os
(296 Bytes) Downloaded 770 times
pekwm-0.1.11-i486.pet
pekwm will need some work to get you stuff in the menus
(283 Bytes) Downloaded 744 times
are we who we think we are? or is this all a lie thought up by people whom we can not see?

WireWulf

#2 Post by WireWulf »

afterstep pics:
Image[/img]
Attachments
AfterStep-2.2.9-i686.pet
(296 Bytes) Downloaded 727 times
are we who we think we are? or is this all a lie thought up by people whom we can not see?

WireWulf

#3 Post by WireWulf »

Attachments
xigewm-source-0.1.2-beta-i486.pet
unstalbe but please try it out
(315 Bytes) Downloaded 744 times

WireWulf

#4 Post by WireWulf »

xigewm pic:

pc Retro<3

#5 Post by pc Retro<3 »

you mean three your only playing with two

`f00

#6 Post by `f00 »

Good to see a revive of AS - truth to tell, 229 didn't seem all that much of a leap up from 228 imo (and something went awry with ASRun for me, so any calls there go :( ). Yep, AS has a nice structure, some very decent ui, a few useful utilities (but will Rox run a 'fancy' xml bg for a pinboard such as may be created with AS' editor?) and documentation. Conversely, the AS menu categories are the sticker for most puppy folk used to the usual style - fbpanel is an easy 'solution', but not very elegant if one uses the usual 2x2 page-format for desk(s) along with autohide and little edge-resist. It may be a bit more of an effort for most to get to their liking and habits.

Pk has lots to recommend it and nice to see 111 in a dotpet (if that's what the link points to - seems a bit small). plinej did a nice jwm2pekwm thing for the pekwm16 dotpet (uses a base+jwmrootmenu via xdg), so menu-ing is not such a bd (plus you can customize the base for whatever else you'd like specific to pk's menu .. funny, I like a 'quickchange' that can flip back'n'forth betwixt fb, bb, ice and pk without a reX).

HH