improper shutdown lost all files

Booting, installing, newbie
puppybratt

improper shutdown lost all files

#1 Post by puppybratt »

why does puppy always loose all data if you do not shut down correctly?

Even If I download pictures while using it; everything will be lost if I do not shutdown correctly

Is there a reason for this? This is very strange. I have the files on the disk but if I don't shutdown correctly; they disappear. this is weird. Is there a way to install this puppy so it works live instead of writing the sfs file on shutdown?

aarf

Re: improper shutdown lost all files

#2 Post by aarf »

puppybratt wrote:why does puppy always loose all data if you do not shut down correctly?

Even If I download pictures while using it; everything will be lost if I do not shutdown correctly

Is there a reason for this? This is very strange. I have the files on the disk but if I don't shutdown correctly; they disappear. this is weird. Is there a way to install this puppy so it works live instead of writing the sfs file on shutdown?
depends where you write the files to. if you write them into the pupsave which includes /root/mydocuments then they will be lost unless you save the pupsave before you improper shut down. better to write the files to /mnt/home/ which is outside of the pupsave then they wont be lost.