Precord0.9.5 audio recorder

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
wiak

new Precord 9.0.5

#181 Post by wiak »

Precord version 9.0.5 released. NOTE: now depends on gtkwialog being installed per below details:

2018/06/05 (YMD): Precord now uses gtkwialog [-b] for its GUI and so can now be used on systems that use dash (e.g. Debian and Ubuntu), ash (e.g. Slitaz), or bash (e.g. Puppy Linux) as their underlying system shells'

DOWNLOAD: deb package suitable for Puppy or Dogs or these other systems is currently attached to first post of this thread here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 446#370446

Current version 9.0.5, depends on gtkwialog being installed. Note that gtkwialog is a drop-in replacement for gtkdialog in that it contains full current gtkdialog functionality but has additional functionality that allows it to be used when either dash, ash, or bash are used as the system shell.

You do not therefore need both gtkwialog and legacy gtkdialog on your system but can instead simply make gtkdialog a symbolic link to newer gtkwialog (USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY: AT YOUR OWN RISK, but gtkwialog has proved stable in all tests thus far).

You can currently find a 32bit and 64bit downloads for gtkwialog (compiled on XenialDog but fine also for Bionic) at foot of the following post:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 434#993434

Being a radically new version (but same operation functionality) please let me know if you find any bugs. Thank you.

wiak

mcewanw

#182 Post by mcewanw »

Precord new releases depend on gtkwialog (which is currently under development but not yet published) so that it can also be used on systems that run dash as their underlying system shell.

dancytron

#183 Post by dancytron »

mcewanw wrote:Precord new releases depend on gtkwialog (which is currently under development but not yet published) so that it can also be used on systems that run dash as their underlying system shell.
It got updated in Fred's Stretch repository but Fred doesn't have gtkwialog. So the upgrade fails and so does purge then reinstall.

Either gtkwailog needs to be added to Fred's repo or precord latest version of precord needs to be removed.

wiak

#184 Post by wiak »

dancytron wrote:
mcewanw wrote:Precord new releases depend on gtkwialog (which is currently under development but not yet published) so that it can also be used on systems that run dash as their underlying system shell.
It got updated in Fred's Stretch repository but Fred doesn't have gtkwialog. So the upgrade fails and so does purge then reinstall.

Either gtkwailog needs to be added to Fred's repo or precord latest version of precord needs to be removed.
Yes, I understand. Fred will see your messages dancytron and fix it as suits. I expect he will replace it with previous Precord for a while yet since only gtkwialog before is just for testing use. Alternatively he could just remove dependency info but that would be nothing to do with me; that version of Precord does require gtkwialog since it is designed to also run on dash system shell distributions. I don't want people hassling me for old versions of the source code since I'm already in the middle of modifying it all for actual release version. Prealpha was a testing-only binary, and not a distribution release, which I want to remove from old thread, but don't have access as you probably know.

cheers, wiak