Renaming main sfs file (Remastering puppy)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
umair

Renaming main sfs file (Remastering puppy)

#1 Post by umair »

Hello everyone:

As a topic suggest, I am in trouble to set the things up. I have remastered puppy xprecise 2 years back wihtout any issues. Now I am trying to remaster X-Tahr. Trying from last 4 days but no success.

I want to rename the distro name

Heres what I did.

Method 1:
I have included all the stuff which I wanted in my puppy. saved the file (FRUGAL install). Click the remaster puppy option to remaster the ISO. Before that I have changed the the distro name in /etc/DESTRO_SPEC file. When the setup creates the puppybuild directory in ext file system (I have ext4 file partition). I have changed the distro nam in initrd and of course in main sfs file by extracting it.
The above method gives me an error that xx.sfs file not found although I have renamed the sfs correctly and checks each n every time but no luck.

Method 2:

I have installed the X-Tahr. creates a xtahrsave file of 512 mb (just to rename the desro.). After reboot I have changed the contents of /etc/DESTROSPEC and edited the initrd file and changed the /etc/DESTROSPEC file same. renamed the main sfs file. After a reboot it gaves me same error as above (xxx.sfs file not found, however the file is exists their with same name).

I have no idea what to do. I have searched in the forum but could'nt find the help.

Looking for early response from experts.

Thanks in advance.
UMAIR