Kudos & dot pup bugs w/1.0.7 (xorg?)

Please post any bugs you have found
figueroa

Kudos & dot pup bugs w/1.0.7 (xorg?)

#1 Post by figueroa »

1.0.7 - wow! Takes my breath away it's so luscious.

I've been away for a while. (Sorry, but but I've been perfecting my big distro skills.)

I have recent experience with 1.0.6 (giant leap forward) and have just installed 1.0.7 on my main computer. Getting up and running with xorg was a breeze. Good wizard. Much better icon layout (looked sloppy in 1.0.6).

Installed dot pups for penguins, which doesn't urn at all, though one of them does turn the screen black; and xfishtank, which runs fine but seems to randomly change the background to one of several solid colors, or sometimes leaves the background image up which is really cool against the built-in "sunset" image.

Computer is an Athlon XP-2400+, gig of ram, FX5200 video card (xorg using the nv driver). That's probably all that really matters.

Andy
Andy Figueroa
figueroa@philippians-1-20.us

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

xfishtank, which runs fine but seems to randomly change the background to one of several solid colors, or sometimes leaves the background image up
yes, that's exactly what's it's supposed to do ... i wrote the wrapper so it starts with a few different backgrounds and different numbers of fish at random ... just to make it more interesting

xfishtank is an older program, and not as sophisticated as newer programs (for example, i think there's an openGL aquarium screen saver or 2 somewhere), but i like it anyway

i made an xpenguins dotpup package, but i never did get it to run properly ... i uploaded it anyway, but it does not run quite right