Puppy on Acer 5120LKw/IBM38 2780PRO?

Booting, installing, newbie
Takilla

Puppy on Acer 5120LKw/IBM38 2780PRO?

#1 Post by Takilla »

Puppy 1.0.6 cannot see the ISA card IBM38 2780PRO which supports Crystal 4232 and Yamaha 289 OPL3L, fax modem and MIDI.(these functions NOT on mother board a V50LA-N) Neither can Puppy see the cd-rom FX400E ,Toshiba, I think. But even with another CD-ROM that Puppy can see-still no sound. And with another pci sound card, crystal 4232, installed in place of the ISA IBM, a card that puppy sees on other machines, still no sound.

Hard ware recongnition does not see any pci connections or modules installed. (even tho' an ethernet pci I just put in does work but is not recongnized by harrdware detection).

I just want sound, not modem or MIDI. Anyone familiar with this problem? Probably not,Just thought I ask. I am about to shelve this one as it has kicked my butt for two weeks now.

Acer Aspire 5120LK P166meghz 64MbRAM

Thanks

#2 Post by Guest »

Linux seems to support that kind of soundcard (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWT ... ml#AEN6533 - list of supported audio cards). If that indeed happens to be the case you could simply compile a new kernel with that particular driver added and avoid autodetection hassle alltogether.