Macpup Foxy 3.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
paule

#91 Post by paule »

pri wrote:@paule :

pet maker ? what are you trying todo ? convert directory, or any other? if directory to convert the answer is dir2pet, if anything else and you dont have any directory to convert, its was useless.

if you trying to install sfs (must same version with puppy), all you need just klik on sfs and it will be mounted, then you can try copyed them to root (/) not /root.

if u use sfs deferent then macpup, u can use other puppy to open then copy to the directory . the rest is same as above.
I am trying to Install OxygenOfficePro301.sfs. I can easily install it in puppy 4.2.1, but the same utilities which work in puppy 4.3 do not work with MacPup Foxy 3. I am hoping to use Oxygen Office as it has a number of templates which are not available in the regular Open Office 3.. When I click on an .sfs it is not mounted, and I get an error message saying it is of the wrong type. Unfortunately all of the utilities available to convert it to the correct version also do not work in MacPup Foxy 3. It appears that something in MacPup causes utilities which work in normal puppy 4.3 not to work.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

cheers, Paul

pri

#92 Post by pri »

why u just try open on 421 first and mounting. then copyed to a new directory. after that ucan chose to make it pet with dir2pet, or let as directory, so u can manualy copy to root folder on macpup.
Learning by Doing

pri

#93 Post by pri »

or you can try to look on this topic. pet to instaled sfs :

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=40779
Learning by Doing

runtt21

#94 Post by runtt21 »

Where did you get the OxygenOfficePro301.sfs ?

And Fox 3 is built on the 4.3.0 that ttuuxxx built ,not a regular 4.3

paule

#95 Post by paule »

runtt21 wrote:Where did you get the OxygenOfficePro301.sfs ?

And Fox 3 is built on the 4.3.0 that ttuuxxx built ,not a regular 4.3
I picked up the OxygenOfficePro301 sfs file in the thread a while back when the links were maintained. As I understand it the original poster is tied up with other things right now.

Any thoughts on how ttuuxxx's build differs from the regular 4.3? How do the differences affect the utilities mentioned above?

cheers, Paul

paule

#96 Post by paule »

pri wrote:or you can try to look on this topic. pet to instaled sfs :

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=40779
Hi Pri,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this utility doesn't work either. When you right click on the .sfs file to install it, you get a cannot mount error.

cheers, Paul

runtt21

#97 Post by runtt21 »

Your running a full install right? Try booting up the live cd and run it in ram .Then try mounting the .sfs and see what happens.

pri

remembering

#98 Post by pri »

@paule : hey.. do you already try the first one ?
why u just try open on 421 first and mounting. then copyed to a new directory. after that ucan chose to make it pet with dir2pet, or let as directory, so u can manualy copy to root folder on macpup.
or just send link oxigen office here, so i or other can try it.
Learning by Doing

runtt21

#99 Post by runtt21 »

@pri, DUDE read your pm's please......

runtt21

#100 Post by runtt21 »

This Rocks !!!!! Thanks cthisbear !!

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12/30 ... chrome-os/

pri

#101 Post by pri »

removed my post,

sory i think thats way not direct link
Learning by Doing

russoodle

<snap!> Chris..

#102 Post by russoodle »

runtt21 wrote:This Rocks !!!!! Thanks cthisbear !!

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12/30 ... chrome-os/
Hey runtt....cool eh? i just read it and was about to post the link but i see Chris beat me to the punch... :wink:

All the best for 2010 to you and yours, btw :D
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

runtt21

#103 Post by runtt21 »

Just to let everyone know Skype works really well in Fox 3 .I had a little chat with Sneekylinux today was very cool . I used the skype_static 2.1.0.47.pet from the puppylinux.ca site,its under bugs. After you install it open the asla mixer under multimedia and turn up the mic volume first.

walter90

#104 Post by walter90 »

I tried Macpup Foxy out last night and I must say I'm impressed. I got a few themes today so I will be trying them out and seeing what else this puppy can do. Thanks to all involved with its construction! :D

runtt21

#105 Post by runtt21 »

rokytnji has posted info on running skype in Fox 3 on a Asus EEE 900 :

http://hardkap.net/forums/topic/macpup- ... tall-skype

walter90

#106 Post by walter90 »

I have a few issues. Probably simple solutions involved but I don't know where to look.

One, I can't see where I can check the size of my save file, available space left, and available memory.

Also, for some reason, both Gzine and Mplayer both play DVDs fine but after a while they start "backing up" and I need to hit pause, wait about 10 minutes, then they play ok for a little while longer until it happens again. Any ideas? I should say that it doesn't happen in Puppy 4.2.1 with either player.

This is on the same laptop, an HP Pavillion 5600ze

runtt21

#107 Post by runtt21 »

You can check ram in htop on the ibar. I havent found a way to check on a pup-save from within e17 ( it's on my to do list ) .You can switch back into jwm from the exit menu and check it on the task bar.

I cant really help with the dvd thing ,I dont have/use mplayer and I never tried it with gxine. I dont watch dvds in puppy.

ttuuxxx

#108 Post by ttuuxxx »

walter90 wrote:I have a few issues. Probably simple solutions involved but I don't know where to look.

One, I can't see where I can check the size of my save file, available space left, and available memory.

Also, for some reason, both Gzine and Mplayer both play DVDs fine but after a while they start "backing up" and I need to hit pause, wait about 10 minutes, then they play ok for a little while longer until it happens again. Any ideas? I should say that it doesn't happen in Puppy 4.2.1 with either player.

This is on the same laptop, an HP Pavillion 5600ze
open a terminal and type ttuuxxxView that will give you the size of of your pupsave file file and amount left, I think its under 'unionfs'.

as for Gxine buffering issues, I haven't had to deal with that before and I'm using Quirky right now that doesn't have Gxine, but I'm sure somewhere in the preferences you can adjust the buffering amount, that should fix it. I didn't touch gxine/ffmpeg/gxine libs in puppy 4.3, so that issue should be the same in puppy linux 4.3 main release.

ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

runtt21

#109 Post by runtt21 »

Just install this , it will add it to the menu under system
Attachments
ttuuxxxView.pet
(671 Bytes) Downloaded 311 times

runtt21

#110 Post by runtt21 »

Ttuuxxx , Thank you very ,very much !! For everything !!! :D