Macpup Foxy 3.0

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
seasidesoulish

#121 Post by seasidesoulish »

Interesting you say it has something to do with USB....

I was wondering if the system configures differently at boot when booting from USB & this causes audio problems.

Is there any way to control the way the system configures so it boots like a USB boot from a HD?

Maybe assigning items like USB, soundcard etc to specific locations.

apologies for not knowing the correct terminology :)

runtt21

#122 Post by runtt21 »

A usb install is the same as a frugal install to hd except you need to make sure grub get set up right for a frugal. But I dont really see what the difference would be for a full install on a AAO. I think I may take a stab at compiling the latest version of asla this weekend and see what that does.

seasidesoulish

#123 Post by seasidesoulish »

ah I see

I'm pretty sure my latest HD install is frugal but I don't think I'm using grub....
at least when booting from HD I don't get a grub menu like I do on my old dell which is dual xp/macpup.

could that be a possible problem?

if you fancy doing that alsa comp I'd be very interested to hear about the results.

runtt21

#124 Post by runtt21 »

If you have a frugal install , did you copy the zp40305.sfs to /mnt/home ? rokytnji had a full install.

Did you try the asla mixer too?

Grub would have nothing to do with it.

seasidesoulish

#125 Post by seasidesoulish »

zp40305.sfs is in /mnt/home yes although I don't remember manually putting it there.

Alsa mixer is functioning ok ( i did add the option line in module.conf ) as suggested by tempestuous I think,
volume control, pan & mute all work but sound is playing in a stuttering/looping fashion.

Oh incidentally,

thanks for the menu altering hint above, that's a great improvement isn't it.

I hadn't really twigged that was why I was having trouble finding menu items.

nice one

seasidesoulish

#126 Post by seasidesoulish »

ah have just realised I have zp430305.sfs

NOT

zp40305.sfs

was yours a typo or do I have the wrong file?

mrd

#127 Post by mrd »

This is the best Macpup yet! I love it!

Of course, I have a question though. How can I add my own apps to the wbar? I've done it on the older 4.21, but the same files don't seem to exist.

A nice little how-to would be great.

I know I need an icon in the directory where they are, but that's about all I can figure out.

runtt21

#128 Post by runtt21 »

seasidesoulish, my bad ,I typed it wrong , you have the right one.

mrd , We no longer use wbar . The "bar" you see at the bottom is a shelf ,you can mover it around the edge of your screen any where you want. You can even add more shelves , You can have different shelves on different desktops if you want. The Bottom shelf has several things on it , The menu button, the pager for changing desktops , next to that is a thing called ibox you dont really see it cause until you minimize an app there wont be anything in it . A minimized app will be shown as an icon . Next to that is the ibar that holds the icons for the apps. On the end is a wrench. Click on that to open the settings panel. Go to applications and then click on ibar applications......Read back through this thread and the one for macpup opera for changing icons and other cool e17 stuff.... :D

mrd

#129 Post by mrd »

Thanks!

mrd

#130 Post by mrd »

Surpize! I have another dumb question...lol

I can figure out how to move the clock widget from side to side....sort of, but I can't figure out how to move it to the lower right hand side of my screen instead of the top right where it blocks the window controls.

runtt21

#131 Post by runtt21 »

There are several different things you can do about that. The easiest would be to change the setting for the shelf its on. First click on the wrench again then go to Extensions and click on shelves.

In the next window select shelf 2 and then setup ( you could also delete this shelf and add the clock to the bottom shelf)

In the next window click on advanced down on the bottom. In the next window on the top left select below everything and then apply.

In this window you can move the shelf around and change its background. You can also add /remove stuff by clicking on the set contents button.

seasidesoulish

#132 Post by seasidesoulish »

runtt21 whew! I'm glad about that.

runtt21

#133 Post by runtt21 »

I got the latest version of alsa lib compiled , no errors or warnings ( that dosen't mean it will work BUT...) I am going to wait on trying compiling the alsa drives until I hear back from Patriot to make sure I am doing it right .There are a ton of different option for compiling the driver.

seasidesoulish

#134 Post by seasidesoulish »

wow that's quick work...

good luck with the drivers...

:)

rokytnji

#135 Post by rokytnji »

I got the latest version of alsa lib compiled
Version 1.0.22? You are a better man than I. :)

runtt21

#136 Post by runtt21 »

Yeah but I just talked to Patriot and I did it wrong LOL :lol: He is working on it right now and he knows much more about alsa than me so I will wait on him. I am still going to try it ,to see if i can get it to work. But I recommend using His stuff. :D

runtt21

#137 Post by runtt21 »

I have also be working on some new themes ( Cause verdegal37 Has been making alot of new stuff, And he is getting even better than before) I will upload this one later after I have some others finished.

runtt21

#138 Post by runtt21 »

The new Blue3 theme...

runtt21

#139 Post by runtt21 »

Just uploaded two new theme .pets . The Black-n-Blue.pet has the blue3 & BarrocMacpup themes pictured above.

The B-n-B .pet has the Black2 and Black3 themes .

Both .pets are on my macpup page :

http://macpup.org/runtt21/

runtt21

#140 Post by runtt21 »

Black2 theme

Black3 theme

Only difference is the backgrounds.

All of these new themes are by Verdegal37 and customized for Macpup.