Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Jan 2020, 05:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
Bcm4318, puppy 4.3.1, Obtains IP, AP visable, unable to conn
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
sonik

PostPosted: Tue 24 Nov 2009, 23:30    Post subject:  Bcm4318, puppy 4.3.1, Obtains IP, AP visable, unable to conn  

Title says it all. I've been trying in vein for the last few days to get this to work. started with puppy 4.2.1 with no luck. Upgraded to 4.3.1 and seem to have more luck but still can't actually get a connection.

Everything seems to go ok when I use either the pwireless dialog or the network wizard until it comes to actually connecting to my router. In pwireless my access point shows up correct as open, ad-hoc with the right id etc. then I click connect it does it's thing and obtains an IP address. But when I click on the browser I get nothing.

Similar issue in Network Wizard. I click wlan0 then wireless then scan. Does it's thing for a second then fills in the information, essid mac channel etc. Then I click save then "use this profile" and I end up with unable to connect. If I click test wlan0, it just returns me to the config main screen. When i click Auto DHCP it does it's thing then returns with Network configuration Successful! but alas.. it's not. still nothing on the browser.

I've also tried autoconnect before, after and during the above procedures and it says it can't ping google.com, failed or something similar..

when I do iwconfig the only thing that looks weird is the access point line, something about unavailable.

On a side note how do I c/p text from puppy's terminal?

any help or suggestions would be great, thanks.
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
Jump to: