Add 'Home' Button to Nav. Toolbar, SM2

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
DaveS

Add 'Home' Button to Nav. Toolbar, SM2

#1 Post by DaveS »

By default, the 'Home' button in Seamonkey 2 is on the Personal Toolbar, which seems daft to me as the intuitive place to put it is on the navigation bar, especially if, like me, you keep the personal toolbar hidden to maximise window space.
Here is how to get it onto the navigation bar:
Set the browser to show the personal toolbar.
Right click on the personal toolbar and from the pop-up select 'customise...'
A panel of available buttons will appear. Drag the 'Home' button OFF the personal toolbar and on to this panel. Close panel.
Right click on the navigation toolbar, select 'customise' and drag the 'Home' button to the place of your choice.
Job done!

I post this because the whole process seems a bit counter-intuitive to me, and took me weeks to figure out, but then, maybe I am just a bit thick....................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Would the extensions to add the home button to the main toolbar work with SM2, as well? :D
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

DaveS

#3 Post by DaveS »

Makoto wrote:Would the extensions to add the home button to the main toolbar work with SM2, as well? :D
The instructions I posted are for Seamonkey 2. as far as I know there is no extension that does the same thing as none is needed :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Makoto

#4 Post by Makoto »

Perhaps, but would the extensions that added a Home button to the main toolbar still work? :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

DaveS

#5 Post by DaveS »

Makoto wrote:Perhaps, but would the extensions that added a Home button to the main toolbar still work? :)
Just tried it for you, sadly no....................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Makoto

#6 Post by Makoto »

It could just be that particular extension that doesn't work. :P

Heh. I figured it probably wouldn't work - they implemented a completely different way of handling extensions in SM2, more or less, didn't they? Of course, given the internal changes, whatever the extension's hoping to change might not exist where it's looking, anyway...

Thanks. I don't have any plans to install SM2 at the moment, but I was still curious. Probably not a good combination. :oops: