Firefox 3.5 scroll problem @ puppylinux.org (and others.)

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
reedman

Firefox 3.5 scroll problem @ puppylinux.org (and others.)

#1 Post by reedman »

I am using a pet version of Firefox 3.5 in a frugal install of puppy 4.3.1, and have noticed an extremely slow, jumpy response when scrolling at the puppylinux.org website. This condition occurs also at a few other sites which I have visited, and wondered if there is a configuration option and/or addition that could be made to eliminate this behaviour. Neither Seamonkey v.1.1.18 nor Opera v.10.01 demonstrate this aberrant condition at the puppy site. Our family's home computer is a Dell Dimension 4500s, sporting an Intel Pentium 4 processor and 772MB RAM. Thanks for any insight.

sikpuppy

Re: Firefox 3.5 scroll problem @ puppylinux.org (and others.

#2 Post by sikpuppy »

reedman wrote:I am using a pet version of Firefox 3.5 in a frugal install of puppy 4.3.1, and have noticed an extremely slow, jumpy response when scrolling at the puppylinux.org website. This condition occurs also at a few other sites which I have visited, and wondered if there is a configuration option and/or addition that could be made to eliminate this behaviour. Neither Seamonkey v.1.1.18 nor Opera v.10.01 demonstrate this aberrant condition at the puppy site. Our family's home computer is a Dell Dimension 4500s, sporting an Intel Pentium 4 processor and 772MB RAM. Thanks for any insight.
What screen resolution are you running at? Firefox 3.5 can be a bit of a resource hog unfortunately. I looked up the specs on your Dell, it appears to come with an Intel embedded graphics chip. The performance of these is on the low end of the spectrum.

Also, where did you get the Firefox from?

*edit*I wonder if installing the xorg_xorg_dri...pet from the Puppy Installer might help? You will have to restart your X session from the Menu if you do install it.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

sikpuppy

#3 Post by sikpuppy »

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 239#353239

The thread has some updated XORG display drivers and configuration tips. Good luck!
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.