Frugal Install Questions

Booting, installing, newbie
Dstock76

Frugal Install Questions

#1 Post by Dstock76 »

Hi,

I have been trying out puppy and really like it. I have been booting from a cd and have the pup_save file on a usb flash drive(sdd2). Everything works fine when booting from cd.

I tried fugal install and when it boots up it doesn't look for or find my save file on the usb flash drive. Also after the initial run of frugal install I am not given an option where to save the pup_save file. It automatically selects the hard drive the frugal installation was placed on.

So, is there a way to specify where the save file is placed for frugal install and get it to search the usb drive?

Thanks for any help.

hondasid

#2 Post by hondasid »

no, it looks for pupsave files in the /home folder. it will put the save file there. you can copy it to the usb drive and see if it finds it there on startup, but I am unsure if that will work.

Dstock76

#3 Post by Dstock76 »

No, it only searches the drive that has the frugal installation.

When booting from cd it searches all of the drives on my computer.

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

'm not sure but removing the pmedia=blah parameter from menu.lst may give the desired behaviour

mike

Dstock76

#5 Post by Dstock76 »

Thank you Mike.

I tried that and it did give me the option of where to save the file. When I restarted it still would not search anywhere except the installed hard drive.

I also took out the sub directory reference and nosmp. Now it finds the save file on the usb flash drive.

Thanks so much again Mike. You pointed me in the right direction. Now it is doing what I wanted.

-Dan

mikeb

#6 Post by mikeb »

Oh good...so it seems when scanning multiple devices subdirectories are ignored...I guess it would slow it down excessively

Mike