Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Oct 2014, 10:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Small bug in Rox... Sorry not a bug my mistake
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Michalis

PostPosted: Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:09    Post_subject:  Small bug in Rox... Sorry not a bug my mistake  

Edit: It isn't a bug. Just for the record I searched it a bit more and then I saw that in a folder which has files less than 4096 bytes the properties windows counts it as 4096 bytes when the count command counts it as smaller. So the difference is normal since 4096 bytes = 2^12 bytes is the block size and though the least allocated by the system for each file. From the other hand count, counts the exact size of the files.

I've noticed a tiny bug in Rox-filer or at least I believe that is Rox bug. Please check also if it happens to you and tell me whether is definitely Rox bug, as I believe, in order to report it at the Rox bug tracker.

Ok about the bug now, I noticed it yesterday while making the an opera pet. If you right click over a folder and then select count the size is always reported less than what actually is. If you select properties it reports the correct size. I noticed it because pet spec is always reporting different size (always more) than the right click --> count, and yesterday I checked with right click --> properties and the reported size complies with the one reported in pet spec. Maybe you think that the difference is not huge and I agree but there is, so I believe that we must correct it.

Is it Rox-filer's bug or something else is wrong? I checked and always happens.

Ok because a picture worths thousand words I've also attached a pic that shows the difference.
rox-error.png
 Description   Rox-filer error
 Filesize   16.57 KB
 Viewed   165 Time(s)

rox-error.png

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum