Latest Bluetooth with Gui Wizard and Applet

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Pro

#76 Post by Pro »

jemimah wrote:Hmm, even the patched bluetooth-sendto still gives the same error about "signature ss". :(

Maybe if I can figure out how to talk to obex-data-server or obexd, I could make my own gui.
obex-data-server version 4.x or 3.x ?

In obex-data-server version 4.x new API
------- Comment #40 From Paul Philippov 2008-11-14 13:38:03 0000 [reply] -------
Created an attachment (id=171712) [details]
bluez-gnome/files/bluez-gnome-1.8-ODS-API.patch

Patch for bluez-gnome-1.8 to make it work with object-data-server 0.4 API
See http://wiki.muiline.com/obex-data-serve ... ing_to_0.4

Incorporates patches from Mario_Limonciello
(http://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=122256527621027)

Now I can send files from Bluetooth applet without errors =)
From here http://bugs.gentoo.org/236357

jemimah

Re: OK Thanx jemimah 4 the Prompt Reply

#77 Post by jemimah »

Max Headroom wrote:OK Thanx jemimah 4 the Prompt Reply, indeed Removing BlueTooth from /Root/Startup Does Stop X Crashing @ Bootup, But then I Can Confirm Manually eXecuting that BlueTooth File Does Still Crash X. is there any info I can provide to trouble-shoot this bug? Also what is the ODS-API.patch? Will it Help Me? And How Do I Apply it? :?
My guess is that NOP already has dbus installed, so installing a new dbus might cause issues. You can try running the bluetooth script from the command line to look for error messages, but if it crashes X, you probably won't have much time to see what the error message was. I don't think the patch would be much interest to you until you can get bluetooth to run.

--
Pro,

I tested with obex-data-server 0.4.5. I had tried older version in the past, but they all gave an error message of some sort.

jemimah

#78 Post by jemimah »

For obex, what you can try is

Code: Select all

mkdir /tmp/mnt
obexautofs /tmp/mnt
Do this after you pair your phone. Then go to /tmp/mnt in Rox and you should see your bluetooth devices. It doesn't work well at all (extremely slow!) when I test it with my Windows machine, but that might be specific to my device.

Pro

Re: OK Thanx jemimah 4 the Prompt Reply

#79 Post by Pro »

jemimah wrote:I tested with obex-data-server 0.4.5. I had tried older version in the past, but they all gave an error message of some sort.
OK, Please give to me recompiled bluez-gnome with patch (and ru.po please)
I test it on my system.

The obexd-0.21 in my system not work (obexd: obex_handle_input poll event HUP ERR)

jemimah

#80 Post by jemimah »

Here try this instead. This is from gnome-bluetooth (the rest of gnome-bluetooth won't build with Puppy's GTK version, but sendto does).

This one doesn't need obex-data-server (which is apparently deprecated anyway). On my system it starts obex-client, but no data is transfered. It just hangs. But it may work with another setup, I do not know.
Attachments
bluetooth-sendto-2.29.3.pet
(151.7 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

jemimah

#81 Post by jemimah »

I did manage to successfully send a file to my old blackberry with this version. Yay! I got the newer wizard to work too with a little coaxing. Still rather buggy, but different bugs at least!

I'll post a rebuilt version when I get a chance to build and test it.

Pro

#82 Post by Pro »

Very good!!!
I test bluetooth-sendto, its work good! Send files to mobile now work.

in console I get error:

g_key_file_get_boolean: asserrtion 'key_file' !=NULL failed
Its a file with default pairing key?

jemimah, the obexd daemon is work? my obexd-0.21 not work :(

jemimah

#83 Post by jemimah »

Pro wrote:Very good!!!

in console I get error:

g_key_file_get_boolean: asserrtion 'key_file' !=NULL failed
Its a file with default pairing key?

jemimah, the obexd daemon is work? my obexd-0.21 not work :(
I don't know about that message. If it's working, I ignore the errors.

What are you trying to with obexd? Does it not start in the bluetooth script? After that, there's no need to mess with it.

Pro

#84 Post by Pro »

jemimah wrote:What are you trying to with obexd? Does it not start in the bluetooth script? After that, there's no need to mess with it.
The bluetooth script is not started
For testing I start all programm in console (bluetoothd, bluetooth-applet, obexd)
What version of yours obexd? in .pet It is absent :( or what program (daemon) accept files from remote devices?

jemimah

#85 Post by jemimah »

Pro wrote:
jemimah wrote:What are you trying to with obexd? Does it not start in the bluetooth script? After that, there's no need to mess with it.
The bluetooth script is not started
For testing I start all programm in console (bluetoothd, bluetooth-applet, obexd)
What version of yours obexd? in .pet It is absent :( or what program (daemon) accept files from remote devices?
Obexd is in /usr/libexec. You'll have to check what version it is. I don't remember. It's supposed to start automatically when needed, but I had to resort to starting it by hand in my /root/Startup/bluetooth script to get the remote devices to recognize obex services. It works fine on my test machine. I will repackage the latest version this weekend hopefully.

Pro

#86 Post by Pro »

jemimah wrote: It works fine on my test machine. I will repackage the latest version this weekend hopefully.
ok, thanks

Please, send me russian NLS translate from bluez-gnome.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strange, but I have not found in source code bluez-gnome function g_key_file_get_boolean :(
In parametres of this function I wished to find a way to a default key file and create this file