Macpup 5.11 Rox-Filer issue

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
tonyxross

Macpup 5.11 Rox-Filer issue

#1 Post by tonyxross »

I formerly reported this issue in the wrong forum. I want to be able to drag a directory from Rox-Filer to the desktop and then be able to click that desktop icon and have Rox-Filer open the directory. I believe this to be pretty standard procedure on pretty much any OS I've worked with.

While you can drag the directory from Rox to the desktop, it does not open the directory with Rox when you click the desktop icon. I realize that I could just use another Puppy and achieve this function but my wife really likes the Mac like appearance of Macpup. Except for this one issue, this Puppy derivative works very well and has a great look.

Thanks,

Tony

puppyluvr

#2 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
You need to post this on Runtt21`s Macpup thread, as E-17 specific issues are his thing...
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=62013
Basically, you cannot...
Rox isnt managing the desktop, E-17 is...
However, you can easily add the folder to an Ibar, achieving the same result while maintaining the clean E-17 desktop...
Runtt21 has many tutorials on his thread, including one covering this...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

tonyxross

#3 Post by tonyxross »

Thanks puppyluvr, that was a pretty straight answer, it can't be done. Now I don't have to continue spending time trying to figure out why it won't work. I know there are other workarounds like making scripts but I justed wanted the modern drag and drop method.

Tony