Can i install Enemy Territory on live Puppy CD?

Booting, installing, newbie
uerz4

Can i install Enemy Territory on live Puppy CD?

#1 Post by uerz4 »

So my HD died and have been running puppy live i have a 1 gig usb flash drive for storage and that's it.

I downloaded et to my flash drive i installed xorg_xorg_dri.xx.xx, which i assume is opengl, from the repo.

I installed et to the flash drive and try and load it and get an opengl error saying can start opengl subsystem or something, am i asking to much of puupy and with no hd to do his?

From what i remember these opengl errors are not uncommon with linux i think i used to get errors when using freespire years ago but eventually got it working then although FS would have been installed to a hd.

I think it could just be a paths problem i.e the files on the usb drive cant find the system or opengl files.

raffy

pup_save

#2 Post by raffy »

Are you using pup_save.2fs on the flash drive? This is similar to using pup_save.2fs in hard disk, only that saving is spaced about 30 minutes apart or at shutdown.

As with any filesystem, sometimes there can be errors, so check your flash drive for errors (from another system running, that is).

Check also that your pup_save is large enough 256 MB or more, as OpenGL can be a large package add-on.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

uerz4

#3 Post by uerz4 »

no not using pup_save.2fs on usb i am using pup_save.3fs on the ram drive i.e memory as i am running it live from the cd so i just never reboot the pc, but i decided to save and install et to the 1 gig flash drive.

i only have 1gig of memory so maybe that is problem.