Truecrypt 6.3a Questions and Answers

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Dstock76

Truecrypt 6.3a Questions and Answers

#1 Post by Dstock76 »

OK, I had a little frustrating time getting truecrypt to work. I am using puppy linux 4.3.1. I installed from the debian version and that went fine. As soon as i tried to format a volume during its creation I got the error: "No such file or directory: dmsetup". I searched google and this forum and then I went into settings-preferences and the systems integration tab and checked "do not use kernel cryptographic services". This allowed me to create the volume. When I clicked on the volume I got "no run action specified....". I tried selecting rox and then truecrypt to open the volume and both produced the same dmsetup error as above. Finally I figured out that I had to click on the select file button in Truecrypt and select the volume I created so its path showed in the box to the left. I then selected one of the slots above and clicked on the mount button below. Then I went into the mount directory and could access the truecrypt volume.

Maybe my search skills aren't good enough or I didn't look long enough, but I didn't find this info. I write the above so hopefully others will have an easier time than I.

My second reason for this post is that I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to keep the pup save file in a truecrypt volume and still be able to load it. Either during bootup or after? I already selected heavy encryption, but for added security I would like to save it in this volume. I would prefer if there was a way to use the save file after bootup.

Thanks for any info,
Dan