How about Puppy 4 retro-retro-retro?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
otropogo

How about Puppy 4 retro-retro-retro?

#1 Post by otropogo »

Ah, if only Puppy 4 forever offered a version with Kernel 2.6.18.1 from Puppy 3.01 retro. So far as I know, that's the last version for which there's a PCMCIA-SCSI module to enable a SCSI chain on a non-cardbus laptop pcmcia slot.
otropogo@gmail.com facebook.com/otropogo

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: How about Puppy 4 retro-retro-retro?

#2 Post by BarryK »

otropogo wrote:Ah, if only Puppy 4 forever offered a version with Kernel 2.6.18.1 from Puppy 3.01 retro. So far as I know, that's the last version for which there's a PCMCIA-SCSI module to enable a SCSI chain on a non-cardbus laptop pcmcia slot.
You mean a SCSI interface in a PCMCIA slot? More recent kernels can offer that, it is just disabled in the pre-compile configuration.

Well, I'll be compiling 2.6.27.48 as soon as it comes out, so I have made a note to turn that feature on. This kernel will be used for the next release of Wary Puppy (0.4).
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

otropogo

#3 Post by otropogo »

You mean a SCSI interface in a PCMCIA slot? More recent kernels can offer that, it is just disabled in the pre-compile configuration.
I think that's it. In 3.01 retro I use the aha152x_cs module to enable the Adaptec pcmcia scsi adpater, and that allows me to run a scsi chain.
Well, I'll be compiling 2.6.27.48 as soon as it comes out, so I have made a note to turn that feature on. This kernel will be used for the next release of Wary Puppy (0.4).
Thanks Barry. Haven't heard of Wary Puppy before, but will give it a try.

What's the story on DVD-RAM and UDF?

I've found that in Slax and Windows 7 I can interchangeably read and write to DVD-RAM disks formatted to UDF 1.5 in Windows 7, but I can't even mount the disks in Puppy 4.3.1.
otropogo@gmail.com facebook.com/otropogo