Zeus Instant Messaging Trojan.....

For discussions about security.
Aitch

Zeus Instant Messaging Trojan.....

#1 Post by Aitch »

That's a Lets Hackers Steal Your Financial Data! warning

....in case you missed that bit

Maybe targeted at new Windoze7 & MACs but beware

[quote]A security company called Damballa estimates that the number of PCs that have been infected with the virus are currently at around 3.6 million, making the Zeus Trojan one of the most aggressive invasive malware viruses around.

The ease-of-use of the Zeus crimeware toolkit for individuals to create their own tailored Trojan botnets has meant that it has become a favored toolkit for entry-level criminals to get involved in the underground economy,

puppyite

#2 Post by puppyite »

IMO Jimmy Bosch's article could have been better written. By showing a screen shot of AIM he implies (but doesn't specifically state) that it is the target of the Zeus worm. IMO he should have put this in the article. By not doing so he also loses the chance to have his article associated with AIM (search engines don't index graphics). And although he did mention RSA he failed to give a link to their findings.

I never moved past WIN98SE and I don't use instant messing software so I'm not at risk from this worm.

On the whole though I'm happy to see someone is spreading the word (however feebly) about dirt bags who prorogate this kind of trash. If I had the authority the penalty for creating or spreading malware would be public castration sans anesthetic.

Thanks for the link Aitch :)