Sounds repeat many times in HP compaq nx9110

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
Deedy

Sounds repeat many times in HP compaq nx9110

#1 Post by Deedy »

Hi there,

I just want to be honest with you guys, PUPPY rocks!!!

I from using windows 3xxx in 1995 & 1996, 95, 98, Me & 2000 in 1997 to 2002. XP from 2003 until 2007 then last on my is Vista. Enough said about Microsoft Windows.

I was first introduced to Linux (Red Hat Linux) by a friend at around Windows XP era and couldn't find my way around Rad Hat and ended up stuck with XP. It was until late 2007 when I received a copy of Ubuntu 7.10 that I saw a complete different and easy to use Linux OS, but honestly speaking the thought of having my entire OS in a pocket is a big plus for me. What I'm trying to say is Puppy Linux has fitted well to all the requirements I have set as IT Technician for an OS - 1. Small 2. User Friendly 3. Beautifull, I can go on and on. From now on this is the OS for me, open source is the future.

My big problem is that Puppy can detect my laptop's sound card (ATI-IXP/AD1981B) but the sound is very bad, what ever I'm playing the is repetitive mode even the two barks (woof woof) plays repeatedly, like twenty-five times or so. What might be the problem, please help I don't want to end up looking for another small OS, forget Damn Small Linux.

My laptop specs are: HP compaq nx9110, 3.0GHz intel CPU, 512MB RAM

Da_Mak

#2 Post by Da_Mak »

I've got the same laptop, and exactely the same problem. :cry:

Kernel 2.6.30.5