Why the forum is so slow?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
jjiiioooooo

Why the forum is so slow?

#1 Post by jjiiioooooo »

I love this forum but why is it so slow on rendering pages, there are time im looking for the right answer and you wait patienty to render the pages.

Ray MK

#2 Post by Ray MK »

Hi

Try using a lean, mean and fast Puppy with a lightwieght browser - 2 come to mind.

1) ChoicePup mini V2 - and use the built-in Netsurf browser - very fast.
Also try the Dillo2.sfs browser with ChoicePup - ultra fast - it screams.
Or the latest Opera10.sfs - used with ChoicePup - it doesn't get much better.

2) BrowserPup 0909 - has the latest FireFox 3.5.2 - also very good.

Hope that helps
Best regards - Ray

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

If everything else on the internet is ok for you except the forum, then the problem must not be in your browser but rather the server or website which hosts the forum. More than that I cannot guess :)

tlchost

#4 Post by tlchost »

Flash wrote:If everything else on the internet is ok for you except the forum, then the problem must not be in your browser but rather the server or website which hosts the forum. More than that I cannot guess :)
Just for grins, while I waiting for 2 to 3 minutes for a post to complete(which is totally unacceptable), I did a traceroute to murga-linux.com and got 208.109.22.214 as a result.

Using Firefox, I browsed to http://208.109.22.214/puppy/

It seems to be faster using that as an entry point.

It took only 30 seconds for this message to post.

Thom

tlchost

#5 Post by tlchost »

puppyite

#6 Post by puppyite »

tlchost wrote:
Flash wrote:If everything else on the internet is ok for you except the forum, then the problem must not be in your browser but rather the server or website which hosts the forum. More than that I cannot guess :)
Just for grins, while I waiting for 2 to 3 minutes for a post to complete(which is totally unacceptable), I did a traceroute to murga-linux.com and got 208.109.22.214 as a result.

Using Firefox, I browsed to http://208.109.22.214/puppy/

It seems to be faster using that as an entry point.

It took only 30 seconds for this message to post.

Thom
Thanks for the tip tlchost. I’ll change my bookmark to point to the IP address instead of the DN and see if that speeds things up.

And I’ve seen the link you gave in another thread to intoDNS relating to murga-linux.com, I bookmarked it for future reference.

I noticed an intermittent slow down from the very first day I started visiting this site. This intermittent slow down always seems worse in the am hours. To confirm that the problem lies with the forum and not with my connection I open a new tab and browse a site that I know for certain is always fast.

By using CurrPorts and IPNetInfo I have observed connections to GoDaddy.com the registrar for murga-linux.com (host too 208.109.22.214) during my visits to this forum.

I would not use GoDaddy but others mileage may vary.

Edit: I was wrong, the intermittent slow down happens at any time and using the IP address doesn't help. :(

tlchost

#7 Post by tlchost »

puppyite wrote:
Edit: I was wrong, the intermittent slow down happens at any time and using the IP address doesn't help. :(
Perhaps we need to realize that Puppy and the forum are not "mission critical"...and so we accept less than optimal.

Of course there may be a blessing with all of this....I can practice playing washtub, or singing Sacred Harp hymns waiting for the forum.

Maybe a new thread "What you do while waiting for the forum to respond"

cya
Thom

puppyite

#8 Post by puppyite »

tlchost wrote:
puppyite wrote:
Perhaps we need to realize that Puppy and the forum are not "mission critical"...and so we accept less than optimal.

Of course there may be a blessing with all of this....I can practice playing washtub, or singing Sacred Harp hymns waiting for the forum.

Maybe a new thread "What you do while waiting for the forum to respond"

cya
Thom
Well they’re both free and that’s a plus for me therefore I’m willing to wait. ;)

adbroke

#9 Post by adbroke »

Hello all,
THe forums are slow its also depend on Os sometime os not support perticular threads.
Like i am using linux base OS so it give me fast and effective result...
so better its switch to next Os .