roxfiler.23 made my wallpaper dissapear?

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
SnowDog

roxfiler.23 made my wallpaper dissapear?

#1 Post by SnowDog »

I guess the title says it.
running Icewm & xp theme, I installed roxfiler.23 & it displayed sea of conero wallpaper, but when I rebooted there's no wallpaper at all. I tried to reset the background via control panel, but no matter which one I choose, it won't display.

Anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

mayakovski

#2 Post by mayakovski »

you can easily set a solid background by right clicking a desktop icon and clicking Clear to remove the wallpaper ... then in the Rox-Filer Options (also by right clicking a desktop icon) , click Pinboard on the left and click the Background button, under Appearance ... this will allow you to easily set the background colour of the desktop. - This from GuestToo
Mayakovski
Puppy Linux | Barking Up The Right Tree

Compaq Armada 1580DMT | P150, 49MB RAM - 3.2 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6
Compaq Deskpro EN | P3-733, 384 MB RAM - 80GB HD, Puppy 1.0.7

Pizzasgood

#3 Post by Pizzasgood »

Rox takes over the walpaper when you install it. You can use my "MoBettaWallpaperSetta" dotpup in the additional software section to remedy this. It makes the normal background changer in the control panel work on rox 2.3. Otherwise, you can right click a desktop icon, select backdrop, and drag any image to the box to make it the wallpaper.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

SnowDog

Solved...but I didn't fix it

#4 Post by SnowDog »

Thanx guys...Somehow it decided to fix itself on this machine...no idea how or what happened but really appreciate your responses.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#5 Post by GuestToo »

yes, i have to update the package to work with Puppy 1.0.7, which no longer has /usr/share/images/seaofconero800x600.jpg ... a symlink would be a quick workaround

i'm running rox 2.4.1 ... i might as well update the package to the latest version of Rox

it can be confusing when Puppy, Icewm and Rox each are trying to set the wallpaper ... the best solution might be Pizzasgood's MoBettaWallpaperSetta

mayakovski

#6 Post by mayakovski »

GuestToo wrote:yes, i have to update the package to work with Puppy 1.0.7, which no longer has /usr/share/images/seaofconero800x600.jpg ... a symlink would be a quick workaround

i'm running rox 2.4.1 ... i might as well update the package to the latest version of Rox

it can be confusing when Puppy, Icewm and Rox each are trying to set the wallpaper ... the best solution might be Pizzasgood's MoBettaWallpaperSetta
Maybe "MoBettaWallpaperSetta" should be integrated into all future Puppy releases as the default background setta, that would simplify it alot.
Mayakovski
Puppy Linux | Barking Up The Right Tree

Compaq Armada 1580DMT | P150, 49MB RAM - 3.2 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6
Compaq Deskpro EN | P3-733, 384 MB RAM - 80GB HD, Puppy 1.0.7

SnowDog

Update

#7 Post by SnowDog »

Just wanted to add that the machine that fixed itself was booted from Grafpup 1.0.5. Then I installed Icewm, then rox update....I'm back at another machine that is booted from 1.0.7 cd with the same add on's applied & this one is missing the wallpaper. I followed the instructions above though, & got the old puppy image instead....which is cool anyway.
Thanks guys.

Pizzasgood

#8 Post by Pizzasgood »

Maybe "MoBettaWallpaperSetta" should be integrated into all future Puppy releases as the default background setta, that would simplify it alot.
After seeing a couple posts saying the same thing now, and thinking it myself, I decided to PM Barry about it, so I guess we'll see...
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

SnowDog

good plan

#9 Post by SnowDog »

I have not tried it but I hear it's excellent alternative.
da Pup just keeps gettin better every day...