Where is the J-pilot .pet? -- SOLVED (again)

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Varmint

Where is the J-pilot .pet? -- SOLVED (again)

#1 Post by Varmint »

I have a Palm IIIc I'd like to hotsync in linux instead of windoze. So far, I haven't found anything worthwhile to do this with. The links I've found in the forum for J-Pilot have all provided non-working stuff. I've noticed all the info currently posted is several years old, and missing dependencies such as:
libpisock.so.9

Is anything being done to actually make J-Pilot or K-Pilot usable in Puppy? I'm using two systems at this time:
P3-450mhz w/768mb ram running the Acer2 remix of Puppy 4.20
P4-2.5ghz w/2gb ram running the Acer2 remix also (multi-boot machine)

Both of these have rs-232c serial ports and USB ports, so they should be good to go for any type of interface needed. I know the P3-450 works just fine under windoze, as I've used that for a few years to hotsync my databases, but I'd still like to use puppy for this purpose. At this time I have little use for windoze but hotsync.

Thanks for any help, gang.....
Last edited by Varmint on Thu 10 Feb 2011, 04:00, edited 4 times in total.

stevesr0

Have you tried the jpilot 1.60 pet?

#2 Post by stevesr0 »

I installed the jpilot pet (v.1.60) and it has worked fine for me.

Steve

Varmint

j-pilot

#3 Post by Varmint »

I just got back in here recently and viewed the reply to my much earlier query. I downloaded and installed the pet and it indeed works great! Thanks for the tip! I was beginning to think that palms and linux were a dummy item in every 'nix menu! Also, sorry it took so long to get back to this forum to find and reply to this. I've edited the title of my previous post to reflect this.

Grace and peace....

Varmint

J-PILOT 1.6 is MISSING

#4 Post by Varmint »

OK, gang....this is getting silly. Does anyone know what happened to the j-pilot link? I've been unable to locate any links to it that work. Also, the links for Ver.99 provides a useless version that, yet again, doesn't work. Did we lose that stuff when we lost WolfPup's other items? A search of this forum hasn't turned up anything useful, and I know it was here, as I actually got it once and posted accordingly. Next time I'm keeping a copy before installation!

Thanks again for any useful info....
In all of human history, not one single society has ever been taxed into prosperity.
~Varmint

Varmint

FOUND IT!!!

#5 Post by Varmint »

I just checked again and found the links are now working and the files are all back where we can get them! This time I downloaded them, and I'll keep a copy for future use.

A BIG "Thank you!" to everyone that helped make this happen. I'm so happy I could wag my tail!