Posted: Sat 15 Aug 2009, 03:45 Post_subject:
Puppy - Windoze sharing with read/write
Hi, I'm new to these whole Linux OS scene. I'm trying to replace WinXP with Puppy but I'm lost currently.
System A (Headless P2P download machine 24/7):
- HDD1 = OS + p2p client software
- HDD2 = Root folder (Downloads) shared through 'Simple networking with read/write permissions. All download files goes here.
System B (Normal desktop)
- Use web client to control the P2P client on system A
- Periodically move downloaded files from system A
So far these are what I've done:
1. Install puppy to thumbdrive and replace HDD1 of system A. It now show up as 'sda2' on Puppy desktop.
2. HDD2 of system B show up as 'sda1' on puppy linux.
3. Run console with the following commands:
#adduser -h /mnt/sda1 TestUser
4. Enter a password twice.
5. Run Pure-FTP
So far I can only browse/copy the files/folder that reside on system A from system B with winxp but I don't have permission to move/delete the file/folder. Please help.