JWM Theme Maker 2.2 (June 2016)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
DaveS

#31 Post by DaveS »

Hey Trio. I had achance to play with this in 4.3. Managed to set the font colour the same as the background LOL. Is it possible to reload a previously created theme to edit it? I could not see how, and that would be MOST useful.
I was able to do in just a few mins using this app stuff it took hours to do when I first started with Puppy :D Brilliant thanks.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

dejan555

#32 Post by dejan555 »

Hmmm yeah that would be usefull, yet again, u can keep theme maker open and running when u save theme and change it to see how it looks like, then if you want to change something, edit values again and re-save with same name.
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

trio

#33 Post by trio »

DaveS,

Interresting request. But you may have no idea if I told u that, it will not be that simple to create edit function than what it's worth. Maybe I will do, if I am in playful mode :lol:

But, Dejan is right, that's the way to do it, it's simple and easy to make or re-make, that to edit sounds so conservative.

Thanks all

`f00

#34 Post by `f00 »

.. but then I just did (; .. more-or-less seriously...

in ppa422
Overall it works great. Possibly some wishlisting
1) clean up the fonts dropmenu (duplications), big plus is it works oki with 'most all fonts :)
2) once a hex is entered or selected, have the swatch displayed rather than the generic rainbow button (I'm no coder, but it seems like that should be doable) - nice job cleaning that up a bit (I've always wondered why gcolor2 lists opacity if it doesn't translate it to a 'full' name .. probably since alpha channel standards may be various :| even if used)
3) I guess the separate colors file and jwmconfig2/theme-switcher script are the way it is .. :| that PAGER_BG value always threw me as being non-intuitive, but it's the way it works unless you edit things manually
4) at the risk of making it too complex, possibly another pair of optionboxes for popup? (although the default is nicer than that old yellow :) )
5) Fine-tuning fontsizes and separate window/tasklist/menu 'figs would definitely be too much - best left for hand-edit (easy enough, really!)

addenda - enhanced jwm-beta translucencies (Opacity tags) for the menu and trays will need to be added in (serial focus-trans for the windows is good as-is with the jwm456 enhancement)

.. attached the firstborn (and a handedited younger sibling for jwm-beta with 456 .. 267k screenie here)
Attachments
tri0.tar.gz
twofer-what-it's-worth
(993 Bytes) Downloaded 1172 times

trio

#35 Post by trio »

foO

Thanks for inputs

1. I don't even know what blackbox is :D
2. Fonts drop menu list, actually it is what fc list does, with filtering of course, but I don't filter for duplicated fonts, as I don;t think it matters that much, but you've got a point there abou professionalism, not the funcntions
3.I don't understand about the rainbow button part, you want the button picture change after you hex color code is entered in box? to the color you choose? haha, that's not doable in gtkdialog (same problem with wallpaper seter preview)
4. The background of absvolume can't follow theme instantly, only after next reboot/restart X, but it's not the JWM theme maker's fault
5.color option for tooltips (popup boxes you said)? it is doable, but I made this app with "newbies+simplification" in mind. I compact it till we only need necessary boxes, with that only we already got 10 boxes! I don't I add more boxes

Thanks

trio

#36 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.2-1 - bugfix: sort & filter duplicated font names - thanks foo

see main post

trio

#37 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.3 - delete a theme & instant apply functions

see main post

charlie6

#38 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Trio,
nice little thing this JWM maker! thanks!
A) just 'd like to know what is what.....
i.e. what states Active - Inactive - Active text - Inactive text - Base background - for ?
Is there some explanation somewhere?
B) Font name: I like Tahoma font; but did'nt find it. is it possible to include it?

Cheers
Charlie

trio

#39 Post by trio »

charlie6 wrote:Hi Trio,
nice little thing this JWM maker! thanks!
A) just 'd like to know what is what.....
i.e. what states Active - Inactive - Active text - Inactive text - Base background - for ?
Is there some explanation somewhere?
B) Font name: I like Tahoma font; but did'nt find it. is it possible to include it?

Cheers
Charlie
Hi, thanks,
maybe I have to put tooltips next time.
1. Active: colors of active window, active scrolled menu, active taskbar pager
2. Inactive: as above but the opposite
3. Active text: color of text in no 1
4. Inactive text: color of text in no. 2

FONT:
If your font is not listed, then it is not installed in puppy. I don't know where to look for it, I know only how to install it (copy to /usr/share/fonts/default/TTF then from terminal mkfontdir & mkfontscale to that directory), but you may just google for your font

charlie6

#40 Post by charlie6 »

Hi trio,
many thanks for your quick reply !
As Ilike also roundes corners...
I configure some new themes (...5 min !) and aftwds installed Patriot's jwm-2.0.1-pe-beta-2.pet (thanks Patriot!)
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 22&t=39162
to see if rounded corners could be got on new themes.
Result:
...except wrong use at my side
all corners stays sharp even on the original proposed themes.

Cheers
Charlie

trio

#41 Post by trio »

Hi,

You have to restart JWM to activate Patriot's jwm. but careful, I think some modifications are needed to change theme (in the theme changer script) to accomodate alien jwm

DaveS

#42 Post by DaveS »

trio wrote:Hi,

You have to restart JWM to activate Patriot's jwm. but careful, I think some modifications are needed to change theme (in the theme changer script) to accomodate alien jwm
No problems with rounded corners here and your theme maker Trio. I am using the jwm-4444-i386.pet to get rounded corners.
Workrd fine on dpup and 4.3 also.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#43 Post by DaveS »

Its just a tiny tiny little thing Trio, but a 'bold' option for fonts would be nice, also a 'View con fig file' button which loads the theme file into Geany?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

trio

#44 Post by trio »

Daves,

Sorry to disappoint you..I am not going those changes you ask

1. This is intended for new users to experience "the fun" of puppy...and also few other apps of mine, making a basic jwm theme from a GUI is enough for them, no need to add more complex options, so what's the point of showing gtkrc then?
2. My brain is burning, I have to take a break from puppy, haven't been successful though, I got the puppyaholic syndrom :lol:

Thanks Dave, you should try GTK Theme Maker, it will go well with JWM Theme Maker (I am now afraid to use the word "maker", panzerpuppy just gave a comment in Pstartupsound thread :wink: )

DaveS

#45 Post by DaveS »

trio wrote:Daves,

Sorry to disappoint you..I am not going those changes you ask
Ok, thats cool. Big thanks for JWM Theme Maker. It takes just seconds now to do a new theme. Brilliant.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

steve_s

#46 Post by steve_s »

Trio! Very cool! I just saw this on Dejan's site and had to check it out...yet another tool for us eye-candy nuts...very, very well done! Now I'm going to play with this program for a few hours... 8)

trio

#47 Post by trio »

Steve,

Well, play then! :lol: also you might want to play with its partner: GTK theme maker.

Cheers

steve_s

#48 Post by steve_s »

trio wrote:Steve,

Well, play then! :lol: also you might want to play with its partner: GTK theme maker.

Cheers
Man, I'm out of it! What is the link on that one? I've used the other one for picking out which jwm and gtk theme to use (desktop manager); great work there too... but a GTK theme maker?! Man, you are with it!

trio

#49 Post by trio »

dejan555

#50 Post by dejan555 »

trio, can you apply some of selected colors to popup text too?
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]