HP deskjet 3600

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
milus

HP deskjet 3600

#1 Post by milus »

Hi all
i'm a new puppylinux user due to hdd problems,i need to print a document,so i've tried to install my hp deskjet 3600..i found the drivers in linuxprinting.org(hpijs),it all seems ok with installation but it doesn't print,and the error is "foomatic-rip failed"..
As well i've found foomatic page ; http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenP ... e/Foomatic but the usage text says

Code: Select all

For HP printers HP is maintaining their own PPD files, so please
use the PPD files/generators from the HPLIP package. This package is
mainly intended to provide PPDs for non-HP printers used with HPIJS
so i don't know what i have to do

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Which HPIJS driver package did you install? I would recommend this one.
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

milus

#3 Post by milus »

thanks a lot!!
now it works!..
I'd installed the suggested driver version in the linuxprinting.org
btw,thanks again

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Glad to help.

davidbeckam

HP printer

#5 Post by davidbeckam »

Hello again everybody.I'm having a problem with this Hp OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One printer.It seems that all of it's functions are running very very slow.(e.g : printing a normal page needs like 3-5 minutes ).Driver is installed and updated correctly , physical parts are cleaned , no error and everything runs just great ( at least that's what the printer diagnostic tells me).However , this runs too slow.Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions ? Thank you for your support !

web development services

defeatless

Same problem as Milus

#6 Post by defeatless »

Hello there dear helpers,

Working on Puppy 4.2.1 And really loving it although one problem which annoys me a lot.

Got the same problem as milus got with a HP deskjet 930c.
I did install the recommended pet, but didn't change a lot.
CUPS (1.3.10) does recognize my printer (on USB) sent jobs to there, but everything is stopped.

Did try a lot even installed a driver for a HP 722c. That maked my printer taking a sheet but only printing a $ and thats all.

In managing printers it doesn't give my printer a location although it does in CUPS.

In CUPS with the CUPS+Gutenprint driver v.5.2.3 it tells me: usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed

In CUPS with the HPijs it gives usr/lip/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed

Both of these were installed with giving the printer the location: HP DESKJEST 930C USB #1 (HP DESKJET 930C)

I found somewere something else which was supposed to help. it gave me another option to give my printer a location: HP Deskjet 930C USB ESO5PIC2JSJJ HPLIP (HP Deskjet 930C)

Installing with the CUPS+gutenprint or HPijs doesn't give anything else then the same errors.

Should I just throw my printer out of my window? :p

Thanks in advance