Bcm4318, puppy 4.3.1, Obtains IP, AP visable, unable to conn

sonik

Bcm4318, puppy 4.3.1, Obtains IP, AP visable, unable to conn

#1 Post by sonik »

Title says it all. I've been trying in vein for the last few days to get this to work. started with puppy 4.2.1 with no luck. Upgraded to 4.3.1 and seem to have more luck but still can't actually get a connection.

Everything seems to go ok when I use either the pwireless dialog or the network wizard until it comes to actually connecting to my router. In pwireless my access point shows up correct as open, ad-hoc with the right id etc. then I click connect it does it's thing and obtains an IP address. But when I click on the browser I get nothing.

Similar issue in Network Wizard. I click wlan0 then wireless then scan. Does it's thing for a second then fills in the information, essid mac channel etc. Then I click save then "use this profile" and I end up with unable to connect. If I click test wlan0, it just returns me to the config main screen. When i click Auto DHCP it does it's thing then returns with Network configuration Successful! but alas.. it's not. still nothing on the browser.

I've also tried autoconnect before, after and during the above procedures and it says it can't ping google.com, failed or something similar..

when I do iwconfig the only thing that looks weird is the access point line, something about unavailable.

On a side note how do I c/p text from puppy's terminal?

any help or suggestions would be great, thanks.