Grub with mouse support?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
racepres

Grub with mouse support?

#1 Post by racepres »

While Not a "show stopper" I just the other day put Puppy onto an older gal's PC. This person has No [absolutely No] inclination to use the keyboard!! :shock: Not at all intuitive to her to use the arrow/enter keys in grub... While I know that this is Highly Unusual... I am wondering what it would take to put "mouse support" in Grub?? Just in case this is Not as Unusual a situation as I believe it to be?? some "stuff" now, Huh?
RP

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Are you dual-booting her machine? If not, just have GRUB auto-start Puppy.

If she's that inflexible, I can't imagine how she will ever get used to a Linux instead of Windows.

racepres

#3 Post by racepres »

rcrsn51 wrote:Are you dual-booting her machine? If not, just have GRUB auto-start Puppy.

If she's that inflexible, I can't imagine how she will ever get used to a Linux instead of Windows.
Yes dual boot w/ windoze... She actually loves puppy!!! Kept windoze so the kids would go there... and leave her stuff alone... teenagers are the worst IMHE for being spoiled on doze!! I started w/ no default/timeout...The kids just sat there wondering WTF was wrong w/ the pc!! then I put a 10sec timeout to win... she didn't want that to be so fast... trying a 20 sec timeout to win, hope she gets the hang of it!!
RP

disciple

#4 Post by disciple »

Why don't you make Puppy the default?
Surely the kids will figure out how to use the arrows, then she won't need to bother...
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

racepres

#5 Post by racepres »

Offered to make puppy the default... she would rather the youngsters stay on doze for whatever reason just now! Or maybe they whined and she gives in........never know . I'm gonna see her sometime tomorrow, and see how she is getting along w/ the thing !
RP