Is Jemimah's original Puppeee still available?

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Donncha

Is Jemimah's original Puppeee still available?

#1 Post by Donncha »

I wonder if anyone can bring my Puppeee back to life?

I have a little Asus EEEPC (701-4gb) and after trying various light weight OSs I found Jeminah in her early days and fell in love with her and her puppeee. I kept pace with early development through to RC1 which worked like a perfect dream and did not require me, an old dog, to learn new tricks (Sudo and Grub, so-to-speak).

I lost touch with developments as Puppeee became more sophisticated and really (to me) non-relevant. In a weak minded moment a month ago I forgot my family motto (“If it aint broke don’t fix it

roadkill13

#3 Post by roadkill13 »

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppeee

added link to wiki, but where is a mirror for pupeee 4.4 ?

roadkill13

#5 Post by roadkill13 »

Also Puppeee sfs packages can be found here:

http://smokey01.com/jemimah/sfs/

Some of the .pet packages can be found here:

http://smokey01.com/jemimah/pet/

As I recall the above links have most if not all of the apps available in the Puppeee Pet Store. The packages that are in Puppeee 1.0 ppm are found at:

http://smokey01.com/jemimah/pet_repo/

Hopefully that helps.

aarf

#6 Post by aarf »

Puppeee1.0 is a lemon.
you need the latest puppeee4.4rc2 don't know where to get it or if you can find a host to store 100mb+ files i will upload a copy of celeron only. dont have atom..
while you are waiting try luci001 you wont be disappointed.

Donncha

#7 Post by Donncha »

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction – and so quickly too. I feel a right lemon (aarf: in British English a lemon is a fool!) not to have found this for myself but my google search for Puppeee only gave me two pages of dead links to Jemimah’s pages. I gave up before moving on to page three! To my shame, :oops: as all my American family live and work in The Triangle scant miles from Chapel Hill, I had never visited IBIBLIO before. Thanks guys – it is an absolute treasure trove/Alladin’s Cave and you have made my day!

Aarf: You cant possibly be older than I, but undoubtedly you are wiser! For me Puppee1.0 was not a(n American) “lemon

darkcity

#8 Post by darkcity »

Another question will puppeee.com come back?

i've started listing alt download locations on the wiki

pemasu

#9 Post by pemasu »

p310don

#10 Post by p310don »

Another question will puppeee.com come back?
I for one hope that not only does puppeee.com comes back, but also Jemimah and her development.

For me, every time I think of some great improvement for puppy, I find that its already there on my eeepc. Without a doubt I find puppeee, and fluppy, to be the best all round and complete Puppy there is. Shame that it is getting a little long in the tooth, with so many other advancements in the greater puppy world.

Donncha

#11 Post by Donncha »

Darkcity, I do hope the answer is yes. Jemimah is badly missed by me (and doubtless many others) – she did so much in such a short time and a lesser person would not have been able to cope with all the feedback, bug reports, questions as her project matured. In the early days I took advantage of her time generous “If you don’t understand, just ask me!

Donncha

#12 Post by Donncha »

darkcity wrote:Another question will puppeee.com come back?

i've started listing alt download locations on the wiki
Back again darkcity like a bad penny!
When I follow links I end up with Pupeee 4.2 (with one p) - this is not Jemimah's little Puppeee at all!!
Have you any other suggestions?
How can I tell if my saved files (Ze513357 SFS 6520kb and Eee-513 SFS 108,136kb) are Puppeee 4.4 rc1 or rc2? As aarf has the celeron version maybe he could see from the size of my files if his are the same?
Before I found Puppeee I tried Pupeee by Luther349 - he gave way, presumably to Jemimah, on his last post on 08 Oct 2010 "a new guy took over the pupeee name heh. seems he did alot more then i could. so give his distro a run".
As suggested by aarf I am taking luci out for a walk - but I am in no way going to desert Puppeee!
Don

nooby

#13 Post by nooby »

That Luther349 guy why is him not active here then?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

darkcity

#14 Post by darkcity »

Sorry for the confusion I thought Pupeee was Puppeee with spelling missing.

After searching for about twenty mins I can't find anywhere to download any other Puppeee than 1.0 :(

aarf

#15 Post by aarf »

puppeee4.4rc2
Attachments
image-5.png
(51.48 KiB) Downloaded 3919 times

nooby

#16 Post by nooby »

I guess it is too big to upload to Murga? I have the one from Jan Feb 2011
eee-513.sfs ze513357.sfs and vmlinuz and initrd.gz
but are you sure there is no mirror for puppeee4.4?

Why did she not warn us here in the forum that she would delete all of it?

Edit Is not Fluppy same with more drivers. Puppeee is a scaled down version with less software on it?

so do try Fluppy if that one can be downloaded from some mirror.
Or why not ise Snow Puppy instead. Pemasu borrowed all the good things
from Jemimah so it should work as well just remember to add nosmp
when using it on Atom computers.

Donncha

#17 Post by Donncha »

aarf wrote:puppeee4.4rc2

Aarf
That is very helpful. As my files for Puppy 4.4 are a few days younger than yours and different sizes and are "513" against your "514" I think I do NOT have Jemimah's last version the rc2. Might you be so very kind as to send me either the 5 files or the iso. Not sure how other people do this but my wife and I when apart send one another big files using Skype. This works well and we have moved GB sized files this way.
Don

Volhout

puppeee 44 rc2

#18 Post by Volhout »

Since puppeee 1.0 Jemimah has been cramming out releases in a very high pace, The 513 was puppeee 44 RC1. The las one was puppeee 44 RC2 (514).

One problem is that with the vanishing of the puppeee website, also the puppeee forum vanished. There was very valuable information on that forum, where jemimah explained how various things could be configured in puppeee.

Puppeee 44 is absolutely better than 1.0 for my 1001HA. But it is not bug free. I.E. in prolongued use (several months) in various WIFI environments Frisbee starts gettting more and more problems connecting, until it simply fails to connect to whatever you throw at it.

I (I am not a programming guy at all) have not been able to resolve that other than backing up all user data, removing the save file completely, re-installing PET's and user data... and I am up and running again. I am not sure what is happening.

Another problem with 44 series is the default browser. Midori, as implemented in puppeee, tends to crash once in a while, especially on large and complex pages. I do suggest to install the chrome browser (I think chrome 9 is the last one jemimah released.)

I did not know that snow puppy was also ee pc tailored. I may take a look at that. I hope pesamu does not disappear also....

nooby

#19 Post by nooby »

I am not sure if her site really is gone. Does it not say that she has failed to provide some needed info?

Is it for sale or something? If she just log in and give that info then the server would point to all the files and the forum would it not? Some internal tech things?
I mean do we have any evidence that the files are really deleted? it is just that we don't
reach them?

But the wayback machine thing maybe do show them are gone? I know too little?

Why does we not simply make her a nice friendly phone call?

aarf

#20 Post by aarf »

eee-504.sfs is the puppeee1 sfs
first check this one
md5sum eee-504.sfs 9f89c0d23da52fb558f1e8391ad39bcd
need confirmation before proceeding.

if ok download
eee-504.sfs___eee-514.sfs.delta http://www.datafilehost.com/download-a70b37ad.html
md5sum 1daf4561a8fa1e5bfc519c9ae2f1b5a1
Size: 73.95 MB

be sure the name of the downloaded file is the same as above if not rename it then do delta then check
md5sum eee-514.sfs 8fa07209d11f519ad5aab05e8eff798b

will upload the other needed file if confirmation for this one first
Last edited by aarf on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.