Epson ActionPrinter 3000

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
TheProphet

Epson ActionPrinter 3000

#1 Post by TheProphet »

Using TeenPup2009.

Most excellent.
And I need to know if there's something else I need for printing with this.

as for this printer, I did the printer self test, everything good on hardware.

BUT, it's not listed in the wizard. The closest thing in name is an "Action Laser".
If I recall correctly it's one standard Epson driver in CUPS anyway.
But it's best to check in and see if there's anything special I'm supposed to do for it.

It's on the lp0 port, I think I can open the back of the printer and find a Mac print-port, but the puter is a reworked PC so no need.

Nice to know it's there, though.

I've had similar KXP Panasonic print setups that always in Linux use the epson driver as well.

When I do a LOT of printing I use these older form-feed printers for cost purposes. Most of what you print is black/white anyway.

If I want to add color graphics to it I put the already black/white printed paper through a color printer.

Me is a poor boy, me is. Those laser ink cartridges eat my money so fast I can't print enough forged bank-notes quickly enough to replace it. 8)

These things never wear out or as far as I've seen they don't.

The ribbon cartridges are cheaper than your average dirt, and when the company no longer makes a replacement, you can disassemble the old one, and put in a fresh ribbon from some other company's product.

Just another wondrous example from the World of Computing on the Cheap.

Thank God for Linus. I don't know much about his personal life but the man should be made a Saint regardless, just on General Principle.

Make him the Patron of "geeks who are not rich".
He who skydive without parachute, jumps to own conclusion.