SARDU -3-beta8 native linux version!

Miscellaneous tools
stemsee

SARDU -3-beta8 native linux version!

#1 Post by stemsee »

I have touted the extreme usefulness of this fantastic utility, and that was running it on wine. But now David Costa has released a version for linux, and it is ridiculously great!. Check it out.
http://www.sarducd.it/downloads
Last edited by stemsee on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

SARDU GUI for creating a custom recovery ISO

#2 Post by gcmartin »

Hello @StemSee. This is an excellent program for creating an ISO that can be used for system recovery and cleaning. Have used this in the past. Nice to see that the author is providing a utility which is designed to run in Linux.

About 3/4 down that page you show, I found the SARDU Builder's download path: Follow the link that @StemSee offers, here, and look for "Download SARDU multiboot builder 3.0.0.0 beta 7 for Linux" which is the path to get the GUI program for Linux.

Question
I do not see installation instruction for installing the "Builder" program on a PUP distro. Is this found in the EmSee Repo, by chance?

Those unfamiliar with SARDU - "What is SARDU"
This is a GUI selector program that will collect items you select from the internet, for you, AND will package your selections into a bootable CD/DVD/USB for your use.

Once you have installed the GUI program, this video describe how to select and build your custom selection into a bootable: Using SARDU!

Sylvander

#3 Post by Sylvander »

Wanted to "dip my toe in the water".

1. Downloaded "SARDU multiboot builder 3.0.0.0 beta 7 for Linux", and unzipped it.

2. Ran "sardu_3".

3. Got the "Multiboot Creator" window. [So far so good]

4. Clicked on [the names of] various items and got:
a. "Do you want to download...." [Clicked YES]
b. Got: "Information = link not found"

HUH! :(
Seems the program cannot find any of the ISO files.
Should they be linking to the ISO files out on the web?
I have [and I'm running it from there using Slacko-5.7.0-pae] SARDU on an external HDD, that's connected and powered-on.

stemsee

#4 Post by stemsee »

@sylvander

I wrote the author Davide Costa in Italy, and pointed out that error! He released this yesterday. So please continue testing the other features and report the bugs.

SARDU builds a multi-iso multi-boot ISO and writes it to anything! Comes with Qemu 32/64bit built in for testing any bootable .iso file

I will create a pet with menu entry sometime today!

stemsee

edit

#5 Post by stemsee »

editing

davidecosta

#6 Post by davidecosta »

Hi,
We are working to update all the dead link, isn't easy with more 100 ISOs....
If you can suggest us anyone of these....

SARDU 3 offers to pupy's fans one option: add all derivates.
For make this you have to select extra section --> add --> enable derivates and choose puppit_der

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Davide Costa

gcmartin

We can help, as this also brings benefit to Puppylanders

#7 Post by gcmartin »

davidecosta wrote: ... Thanks and sorry for my bad english
Your english is fine, more importantly, I personally want to THANK YOU for the great work you have provided over the years.

And I welcome your presence in your appeal for this forum's help in achieving perfection.

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

Bienvenuto Davide Costa, a questo forum di PuppyLinux. Io lo spero che noi possiamo aiutarle di debugging la programma tua.

Marcos

davidecosta

#9 Post by davidecosta »

Released the beta 8 version

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

@davidecosta

I tried beta 8. Trying to download any iso results in error.
"connection absent or limited!"

but I am on the internet in the usual way. Does the app use wget to download, or what?

EDIT: I just read the dependencies
SARDU 3 for linux need two dependences:

libx11-6:i386
libgtk2.0

davidecosta

#11 Post by davidecosta »

Yes, use wget :(
Can you try to make one emty subfolder named ISO when you have SARDU? Or Change ISO folder from Menu File?
Tomorrow I check if there is any issue

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

Hi Davide

The ISO folder is in the sub directory, anyway I changed the iso directory to my true ISO directory /mnt/sda5/a-iso and same problem.

The app (sardu_3) is portablev (static), yes? So I can keep it anyway? or should it be in a certain folder, or in the executables 'path'?

Does it work for you? Do you realize that puppy linux is usually signed in as root user with all priveleges? There is also spot account for non-root use of internet apps. This is a big difference from other mainstream linuxes, also puppy is not truly multiuser. Although my own distro supports mutliarch.

stemsee

stemsee

#13 Post by stemsee »

Note: Sardu_3-beta-8 has kvm enable button added for testing iso files. I requested this feature yesterday. If there is anything else anyone thinks should be in there now is the time to request it!

davidecosta

#14 Post by davidecosta »

I hope to fix in these days
Last edited by davidecosta on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#15 Post by stemsee »

Sure I'll get it now and test it! :D

stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Davide Costa

Please check the package sardu-3-beta-8 or beta-7 ?

stemsee

davidecosta

#17 Post by davidecosta »

I removed it.
I do not like it

stemsee

#18 Post by stemsee »

ok, no problem.

When it is ready I will test it.

stemsee

davidecosta

#19 Post by davidecosta »