TEENpup 2009 Legacy Final Screenshots

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Sylvander

#16 Post by Sylvander »

1. "Teenpup installed on hda2 a coexist install on a 45gig partition "
FAT32 or NTFS?
See post #132 here.
Or click here to go direct without seeing the other Puppy goodies.
The instructions by gposil include:
"because GRUB is a Linux product, this will only work if you have installed Puppy into its own partition.
And the partition must be formatted using a Linux-compatible filesystem such as ext2.
The PUI will refuse to install GRUB in a FAT or NTFS partition, because it assumes that the partition contains Windows.
Watch for the cryptic error message "This partition is not Linux".
"

How about using the "Lin'N'Win" method to provide the arrangements to load your Puppy.
I followed the simplified instructions given by Paul Komski , and it worked 1st time.

john biles

#17 Post by john biles »

Hello darrelljon,
The sidebar I created from bit and pieces I found on the internet. The top area which displays cpu use etc etc came for www.kde-look.org and I created the rest. Basically it is the old Karamba from KDE not the later SuperKaramba. Karamba requires a lot less dependencies but also doesn't give a user as many options as SuperKaramba does, but as you see you can still create useful Widgets. I have also included the "Karamba Theme Creator" which makes it easier for someone to create their own simple desktop widgets.

As for installing TEENpup to Hard Drive. All I do is create 2 partitions, 1 for Windows either NTFS or FATS32 and 1 for TEENpup EXT2. I then install Windows first and once thats installed, I bootup TEENpup live and install it to the EXT2 partition allowing it to install the MBR in the Windows Partition and the Grub in the Linux Partition. I then reboot and it's all ready to go.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.