Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Oct 2018, 14:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Where are the shared icons located?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Oakems

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2009, 16:43    Post subject:  

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what happened there?

I downloaded that picture from the net, so I could upload it for clarity (and I couldn't find it in Puppy). I had it in my /root/ directory and since then I've rebooted and now it copies itself to /root/.thumbnails/normal/ upon boot up. I can tell because every time I boot up, the folder's text is in bold. like when you've just changed something about it, but its just got a load of numbers for the name, weird.

Would it be possible for Puppy to make those icons on the fly, somehow?
clarf

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2009, 17:20    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
Here's what the package manager looks like with the 3 themes Cool Cool Cool
how good is that ?. Man I'm glad I got off topic this time, lol
ttuuxxx

I like new package manager looks and feel in 2.14r.

Although I have a problem when I maximize PetGet package manager, as you can see in the attached file, It shows nothing in the left side where it usually has the packages category (Desktop, System, Internet, etc).

I would like that colum for "Package", "description" and "dependecies" could be resized for easy search and read. Is that possible ttuuxxx?

Thank you ttuuxxx, for your efforts making these themes. Wink
PetGet_Maximized.gif
 Description   
 Filesize   50.96 KB
 Viewed   401 Time(s)

PetGet_Maximized.gif

ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2009, 23:34    Post subject:  

clarf wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
Here's what the package manager looks like with the 3 themes Cool Cool Cool
how good is that ?. Man I'm glad I got off topic this time, lol
ttuuxxx

I like new package manager looks and feel in 2.14r.

Although I have a problem when I maximize PetGet package manager, as you can see in the attached file, It shows nothing in the left side where it usually has the packages category (Desktop, System, Internet, etc).

I would like that colum for "Package", "description" and "dependecies" could be resized for easy search and read. Is that possible ttuuxxx?

Thank you ttuuxxx, for your efforts making these themes. Wink

There is no need to max the size the of the package manager due to the fact that the 2 series never had that extra left column option, When I resued the series 4 package manager on the 2 series I first removed the extra left column because I was trying to make it as small as possible for small screen users like eeepc,acer one, and it didn't work anyways due to the layout of the system, I would of had to typed out hundreds of lines of code to update it.
So the way you have it is perfect for the 2 series, If i update 4/5 series it might be different.
ttuuxxx

ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Thu 04 Jun 2009, 23:42    Post subject:  

Oh but if your talking about the description/dependencies on the right hand side scrolling, I'll look into that Smile it should max and reduce the need to scroll.
ttuuxxx

eden6000

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 02:16    Post subject:  

Quote:
and since then I've rebooted and now it copies itself to /root/.thumbnails/normal/ upon boot up

Oakems, that's normal, if you had that icon on /root, rox showed it to you as a "preview", and when it does it, it always creates a thumbnail in /root/.thumbnails/normal/; this happens also when you're browsing a dir with pictures inside of it...That's why in rox's options you have that "purge thumbnails cache" button, in order to avoid to fill up that thumbnail dir too much..As opposite, obviously, if you don't delete those thumbnails, when you browse an image dir you had already browsed, image previews load a lot faster.
Back to rox's original "go-home" icon, the only explanation I give me is that it's inside rox's executable, since I can't find it anywhere...
WhoDo

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 06:24    Post subject:  

eden6000 wrote:
Back to rox's original "go-home" icon, the only explanation I give me is that it's inside rox's executable, since I can't find it anywhere...

It's a Gtkwidget used by ROX and hardcoded (I think). It is probably available inside the gtk library included with Puppy be default. It can be overridden by the gtkrc/iconrc call process though, or MU's gtkrc-mine version which is more universal in its effect.

Oakems

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 06:34    Post subject:  

eden6000 wrote:
the only explanation I give me is that it's inside rox's executable, since I can't find it anywhere...

Yep, I think your right. I've searched through every .png, svg, gif and any other .extensions that mean its a picture and its not there.

So If its hard coded, does that mean it can exist in binary form, kind of? and made on the fly?
clarf

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jun 2009, 00:41    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
Oh but if your talking about the description/dependencies on the right hand side scrolling, I'll look into that Smile it should max and reduce the need to scroll.
ttuuxxx

Thanks ttuuxxx. That´s the idea.
Tech33

PostPosted: Tue 22 Sep 2009, 19:49    Post subject:    

MU wrote:
Whodo, yes, and these are set by /usr/share/icons/, if you deactivate the internal rox icontheme.
See screenshots Smile

Mark

Hi Can some one tell me how can I change the Rox Background color like in the screenshot it has been changed to silver ( Linux noob) ?
craftybear

PostPosted: Wed 23 Sep 2009, 04:50    Post subject:  

Tech33 wrote:
Hi Can some one tell me how can I change the Rox Background color like in the screenshot it has been changed to silver ( Linux noob) ?

Menu>Desktop>ChGtkTheme(?) ... window backgrounds, among other things, are controlled by the Gtk theme in Puppy I believe.

robinzzon3

PostPosted: Fri 25 Oct 2013, 09:20    Post subject:  

here icons http://megaicons.net/
TwoPuppies

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep 2018, 03:46    Post subject: gtkrefresh for Xenial  

The version of gtkrefresh that Mark provides a couple of pages back (here) still worked in Lucid-5287, but no longer works in more recent releases (such as Xenial). Hardly surprising really. It's getting pretty old now. I actually use this quite often to change the GTK Theme using a script. It's really handy.

Any chance of providing an up-to-date version?

Last edited by TwoPuppies on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 05:40; edited 2 times in total
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep 2018, 07:39    Post subject:  

@ TwoPuppies:-

Long time no see, mate. Glad you're still around....

I'm not at all sure which Puppy you're using now. Not still with Lucid, are you?

The reason I ask is because with any of the Puppies that use JWM (as you no doubt know, Lucid uses Openbox), radky's JWM DeskManager will perform a GTK theme change for you, along with a whole host of other WM-related functions. ....all wrapped-up in a very smart, modern-looking GUI.

If you're interested, you can find it here:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=101460

Hope that perhaps helps.

Mike. Wink

TwoPuppies

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2018, 01:33    Post subject: gtkrefresh for Xenial  

Mike Walsh wrote:
The reason I ask is because with any of the Puppies that use JWM (as you no doubt know, Lucid uses Openbox), radky's JWM DeskManager will perform a GTK theme change for you, along with a whole host of other WM-related functions. ....all wrapped-up in a very smart, modern-looking GUI.

Hi Mike. Thanks for the info. Yes, I did already know that. Back when I was using Lucid-5287 most of the time I created something very similar for my own use. It consisted of a collection of scripts, each of which would apply an entire co-ordinated Desktop theme at a single mouse click: background image, icons, themes for JWM, OpenBox, Pwidgets, GTK, ...the lot. All built into a nice GUI. Just click an image icon, and the entire Desktop Theme was applied automatically. I was really quite proud of it. But I guess I need to move with the times, so I'm using Xenial a lot more now. Just recently, I read a post of yours on another thread in which you made the comment the you have always customised the socks off all your puppies. I tend to do the same. Can't resist it. And I am pleased to discover that my Theme Scripts work almost perfectly in Xenial straight out of the box. One of the few things that does not work is that, while it automatically selects a GTK theme, it does not apply it. This requires the afore-mentioned gtkrefresh, which sadly seems to be too old to work in Xenial. Hence my inquiry here. I understand that with the JWM DeskManager I probably don't really need to get my own scripts working perfectly, but I'm really close, and having put a lot of work into them in the first place, it would be nice.

I expect that creating an up-to-date version of gtkrefresh is probably straight forward enough, and I would be quite prepared to do it myself, but I just lack the necessary expertise.

Last edited by TwoPuppies on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 05:34; edited 1 time in total
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:05    Post subject:  

Mm. O-kayyy.....

When you say 'a newer version of gtkrefresh', are you talking about a specific binary, or something similar? I see, looking in /bin, there are several 'gtk-something or other' binaries in there.....but not one specifically named 'gtkrefresh' (gtk-refresh?)

Or are we here talking about a specific script, perhaps? I confess, I'm not exactly certain what it is you're referring to...

Mike. Wink

Page 4 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: